Persephone Emerald

Resident
  • Days Won

Persephone Emerald last won the day on March 9

Persephone Emerald had the most liked content!

16,459 Excellent

Retained

• Member Title
    a wanderer in liminal space

Recent Profile Visitors

5,284 profile views
  1. This is true for any LH theme. Some people take a perfectly nice, mostly flat parcel and ruin it by putting down a box prim with a grass texture that does even come close to matching. I think all the content packs should include appropriate ground textures, to minimize the use of ground textures that don't match.
  2. What facts am I changing, Luna? I said that dopamine makes people feel good and that a dopamine high can be addictive. My point was that just because an activity feels good, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's healthy or that it increases one's resilience to stress. I also get irritated by how you act like your views and practices are always right, always the best. No one is always right or always the best. That's narcissism. Even if you dress it up with pretty rainbows and new age psychobabble, it's still narcissism.
  3. You know darn well that I'm not dismissing Science. I'm simply pointing out that Science (including soft sciences such as psychology) is dynamic. There are very few absolutes in psychology. It's a relatively new science with constantly evolving theories. Trying to make sense of human behavior is also not as simple as proving the Earth is round(ish) or that light has properties of both a wave and particles.
  4. I got this free deformer set on MP today for my alt Alycia. The shoulder deformer in it called "please fix my shoulders - Lower 4" works well for her Maitreya Lara and doesn't look bad on LaraX either. I'm planning to get this set for all my female avatars. Some poses and animations still don't look great with this deformer, but overall, the look is better.
  5. Playing in SL (and even engaging in a dramatic forum thread) feels good because this behavior creates dopamine. Sex, gambling and shopping can also create dopamine. This is what makes these kinds of activities addictive. Those of us who have been in SL for years know it can be addictive. Sometimes we have to step back and resist that drive to dive into this lovely fantasy world because, even if it feels good, too much of a good thing might not be good for us. What I got from @Cinnamon Mistwood's posts wasn't that trolling or griefing is a healthy coping mechanism, but that everyone has different ideas of what they believe is fun or healthy, and it's not healthy to believe that your views are right, to the exclusion of everyone else's views. That's just narcissism. Psychology also doesn't know everything. Like all sciences, it's a bunch of theories competing for acceptance and dominance. Lobatomies and shock therapy were once considered cutting edge psychological medicine. (No pun intended.) Now psychiatrists debate over whether ADHD meds and SRIs actually help patients or not. People try different treatments to see what works for them, but there's no guarantee that what seems to help one person will help someone else.
  6. No, not everything that makes one feel good in SL increases resiliency. I suggested earlier having a drink or edible while playing in SL, but having several drinks everytime one goes into SL might be a sign of alcoholism. Some people on this forum seem to enjoy acting negative and insulting others. This probably makes them feel good in the short term, but it's not an ideal way of coping with life's stresses. Some people feel good when they shop in SL, but if this hobby costs them several hundreds of dollars each month, that may be a sign of a shopping addiction. As has been suggested elsewhere on the forums, RL gambling and sex addictions have SL versions that can also be damaging.
  7. I don't know how hard it is to get a Stilt Home that's partially on land and partially over water. The person might also want one of the homes in the recently opened area, near the Welcome Hub, train line, and 2048 regions.
  8. You could include a gift card with the purchase, so customers can spend it on whatever they want from your store. Salt and Pepper recently did this with a group gift.
  9. I admit to not usually spending much time at the Fantasy Faire, because I don't plan to spend much money and don't like the lag. There are gorgeous builds and cool things to buy, though. I'm considering this Deep Sea Siren head and crown from BeSpoke, as well as a new mer tail.
  10. I'm the one who might feel stressed, so I'm the one who might have a drink or edible. My avatars don't get stressed out. They're much more chill than I am, the result no doubt of not having to deal with RL problems.