Lindal Kidd last won the day on April 21 2020

Lindal Kidd had the most liked content!

25,276 Excellent

Retained

• Member Title
    and Baker of Cookies

Recent Profile Visitors

15,727 profile views
  1. Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so furries hear spoons jingling hypnotically in Ahern unless they poke spork into sensitive sexy mice. Whining solves pitchforks, but why and who, Caligula? Who and what mayonnaise does considerable
  2. Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is ... well, beautiful. Timing makes a pudding delicious, so furries hear spoons
  3. Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without that blog, nobody will care. Tomorrow things might improve slightly. Life is
  4. In another thread, our favorite lion wrote (on Saturday), "In honor of my 58th RL birthday tomorrow..." I just saw that now (on Tuesday), on account of I don't hit the Forums every day any more. But I wanted to wish Love the very best year ever, in RL and SL! And since there's another really fun game thread going (Let's Write a Letter to Linden Labs), maybe we could do it one word at a time! I'll start: Happy
  5. The last entry that follows the rules was this. We can get back on track, if we all pull together here! Dear Linden Lab, We the residents of Second Life like bacon. Vegetarian options not allowed except waffles and tacos. Please, a pony would really neigh flamboyantly. Indeed, I bathe frequently in California. Glycerine soap isn't available. Regards, A.I. PS: TSOP P.P.S. Oh! FYI: This! Without
  6. Open your Profile. Click on the picture you want to change. (Or right click, I can't recall). A window opens up to your textures inventory folder. Select a texture there and drag it onto the picture area.
  7. You don't need to do that. Things in your inventory cannot do anything bad to you; they have to be rezzed in world or worn. I don't know what other advice I can give. You seem to have changed all your hardware, your ISP, and your IP address (via a VPN). Hmmm...have you really changed ALL your hardware? I mean, maybe he could've installed something on another device in your local network that keeps infecting your PC. That's way over my knowledge level.
  8. Regions that delete occupied skyboxes at random intervals. Oh wait, I guess we have that. OK then...carnivorous sea life in all Linden Oceans.
  9. I do this too. And I have um...well...I dunno exactly...but well over 500 outfits.
  10. I just quoted Katherine so I could say how much I love her new (new to me, anyway) forum badge! So CUTE!!!
  11. Start by flattening things back out. This YouTube tutorial may help. I'll try to explain some things, too. There are two ways to terraform (well, three, but we're not going to get into applying RAW terrain files): The Bulldozer and Land Selection. The Bulldozer tool is that array of white vertical arrows you see when you have selected a land tool and move your cursor over the land. It varies in its size and the power of its effect with the Size and Strength sliders. The effect is applied when you hold your left mouse button and move your cursor over the land, like using a big paint brush. If you have a big piece of land to work, and want to avoid cramps in your mouse finger, you can click the Select Land button (top item in the land tools palette). Then drag your mouse to select an area of land. SHIFT+Drag can be used to add to a selection. Your selection is bordered in yellow. If you have a selection made, and then select one of the other land tools such as Flatten, and click the Apply button, the effect will be applied to the entire selection at once. The Strength slider is also active in this mode. This is the easiest way to flatten out a big area that you've messed up. Once you've done that, use the Bulldozer to "paint" in terrain features in finer detail.
  12. No, you don't need to blacklist anything. SL can stream two "channels" from outside services, the "music" channel (radio) and the "media" channel (video and associated audio). Both channels are controlled by parcel settings in the About Land window, although scripted devices like radios and TVs can simplify this. Your firewall could be blocking media. See this article:
  13. Your L$ Transaction History should show where the money went, if indeed it disappeared within the last few days.
  14. That's an awful small, ad-hoc, sketchy looking sort of store. It could just be a small-time merchant, or it could be a setup. While most devices that request access to your account are legit, there are some that are most definitely not (usually things that are given to you by some stranger). There are a couple of things you can do to protect yourself. Transfer most or all of your L$ to an alt account. Then rez the thing, set it up, and play with it for a few days. See if it tries to suck any money out of your account that it should not. Since there is little or no money IN your account, there's very little at risk. (Note: if the device does steal your money, simply take it back into your inventory and send in an Abuse Report on the seller. The device can not do anything to anybody unless it is rezzed in world.) See if the creator has an in world support group. If so, join it. You might then privately IM a few of the other members and get their opinions on the creator and the item in question. Check to see if the store owner is the actual creator of the device. You can do this by comparing the owner(s) of the vendors and prims in the store against the creator of the trivia ball in your inventory. How long have the seller (and the creator, if they are different) been in SL? Very new accounts are suspect. Check to see if the same item is sold on the Marketplace, as Rowan suggests. If it is, what do the reviews look like?