Advisor
  • Last visited

8,198 Excellent

5 Followers

Retained

• Member Title
    Oh, for cryin' out loud...

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. And they've been doing it for over twenty years. (On both sides.)
  2. If that was going to happen it could have happened already. Second Life is/was still dependent on credit card companies for money coming in and Paypal, etc. for money going out.
  3. Let's look at this another way... It sounds like you have a specific plan to do something. Tell us what it is and we can give you information on how to find land that will work to do that. You're acting as if the auction is the only way to get Mainland, which you might think from reading the Second Life website, but most Mainland that changes hands is bought from private owners or it's abandoned land that's purchased directly from Linden Lab.
  4. Theresa Tennyson mutters, "What Second Life really needs is an automatic knickers-untwister."
  5. Aaaaaannnndddd we're right back to where we started IF there's such a thing as "adult"-RATED furniture (which there isn't but we're pretending) THEN it's not allowed in M-RATED regions ALREADY SO that won't change whether or not child avatars can enter M--RATED regions.
  6. Yes, this is my understanding as well. So why did you post that that child avatars will be banned from huge amounts of M-rated regions when Linden Lab said that they won't be allowed near adult-RATED regions and content? Objects aren't adult-RATED. There is no way of doing that.
  7. No, it doesn't. It has ratings on marketplace listings, which are arbitrarily set by the seller and aren't part of the actual items sold.
  8. Which is exactly the same as it is now, so the only change I've actually seen that's based on words from an official source is that child avatars can't go to adult-rated places. The overheated hufflepuffle about child avatars being banned from vast swathes of moderate-rated land either would apply now or wouldn't apply afterwards. And what exactly is a "sex bed"? Is a bed that has sexual animations that an avatar can't use due to permissions or access still a "sex bed?"
  9. Looking at how the maturity ratings are written, "content" is more of a general description of what is on the land rather than talking about specific objects. Objects don't have any sort of "maturity rating" at all.
  10. That's because the type of "adult content" you're describing isn't considered adult-RATED as it's not advertised and/or not publicly accessible.
  11. If it's "adult-RATED" it shouldn't be on M-RATED regions at all. I'm making the RATED bold and in red because it's apparently very hard for some people to see.
  12. Fun fact - I actually made that post before I even saw your post about "mansplaining." I was reacting to your saying, "That word doesn't mean that, it means this." It was just a remahrrrrrrkable coincidence...