Vico Vandervoort

Resident
  • Last visited

45 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Maybe you read this post again Abnor. Many solutions are suggested here by Sarah for at least a few hundred Secondlife customer and victims. It is more and more a mystery why you keep your leg stiff. You unlock one continent and not the other, you created the contradictions yourself. This problem requires solutions. And if you can't or don't want to provide those solutions, then maybe someone else in the organization with a larger helicoper view can and will. Of course a great performance has been delivered, but unfortunately the finish is below standards, and can be better, with a minimum of effort.
  2. Indeed Abnor. Then you would expect that those Premium Members have the same rights, when they live on the coast? unfortunately that is not the case. They pay the same money Abnor (...) I also understand that we're done talking now, you Moles don't feel like it. I'm going to try it with other Lindens,...
  3. I don't ask for more more more, I ask for less, less houses and less house boats and water sims instead. This is because the proportions are not right (+ all the other arguments I brought in). Moreover, it is indeed unfair - as Sarah say's - that some parts of continents can screw up with their residents. I don't believe LindenLabs doesn't have the money to fix this.
  4. Of course, if the intention is to separate the Premium Members from the 'Common People' in East Sansara and South-West Satori, then I can explain the impenetrable lagoons created between the continents. But then it is strange that everything is currently being done to unite the inhabitants of Bellisseria and those of the old land, isn't it? An event to improve this will start tomorrow. Maybe there is more money for watersims if connection between the inhabitants of the continents is so important? Ask your CEO Abnor ---- Welcome to NatureCon 2022! (August 18th - August 31st) Our mission is to inspire connections between related SL communities and organizations through a shared love of exploration and expressions of nature in SL. NatureCon 2022 is a two-week virtual conference seeking to unite and inspire collaboration between Bellisseria and Mainland organizations under the shared goal of promoting exploration across the grid. Look: http://natureconsl.site/ ----
  5. Thank you very much for your reply Abnor. Secondlife is a great sailing simulator. It is a pity that this standard apparently cannot grow with the size of the new buildings. Of course there are costs associated with homestead water sims. But you could have calculated that, right? Countless amounts of housing + this + that. You are not going to deliver houses without roofs, because roofs are too expensive? I'm very sorry, but then build less houses and some more water sims,.. Because the picture is skewed. (I have no inside information, but Bellisseria filled in with water sims would be a lot more attractive for the users. Moreover, I don't know whether all houses are requisitioned - and there are no vacancies - by the Premium Members. It is therefore possible that I'm completely wrong).
  6. Nicely done Sarah, with a small motorboat. To make it fun for the sailors, some water has to be added. I will indicate where one can consider adding some watersims.
  7. Now this is a good advice, the rest is rubbish (with you around it's not easy to stay positive).
  8. I understand you've bumped your head countless times. My comment is one I make often, everywhere and nowhere. I wonder who are all those people who make decisions for others. And can we join the conversation? Participation? Apparently that's not the intention, I can see that, I'm not blind. No, I'm not young enough to go through this life as an activist... I do pay a little under 500 USD to LindenLab every month, without earning a cent back. If everyone did that, the strait I envision should not be a problem. Thanks for the history lesson.
  9. Indeed and so it is! I did investigate this option. Imposible You know Abnor, and you know that, there are people in SL who automatically pay their Premium Membership every year and own a 1024m2 free plot. But they never log in. Try to reach them? Sorry that won't work. And there are people on the coast there between 3 high walls and a lovely see view. There land is made privat. And you think starting a conversation about making a passage , Naah.
  10. Now we're getting philosophical,... (Sometimes I meet people that like to separate there SL from there RL) All is Real Life, I agree!! This means there are (yes/no) computer games, and (yes/no) virtual worlds, but indeed if you look at it that way. That, then, is the moment my father impregnated my mother,... That, me, when I was 15, and bought a computer, is an afterthought. It won't be long before I die, I'm so terribly old already. Kiss, smarty pants. I think I have said enough and move on. I think this forum is perfect, I am just joking!
  11. You are absolutely right, of course it is more realistic to compare SL with other games and not with real life. But I don't know anything about other 'games', if you can call SL a game? The moment you yell 'Hi' in my IM, you are already in my real life. That's how I feel. I'm someone who even thinks it's a good idea to create an electable civilian board in SL, hence. An electable participation committee would be a good start. This is just a wish! I am not telling others what to do, please. Sure hell, SL would become ungovernable,... I do know that the residents in SL build the content (partly), but at the moment they have nothing to say about the infrastructure. That's a little 'shame', I won't change that, my contribution may even be undesirable if I read some of the comments here. I'm just trying to create a better and, above all, optimally usable world. No, I don't pay attention to the costs. A new sea strait between Bellisseria and the Blake Sea (the old land) is also just a wish, but probably the best idea.
  12. In the real world projects on this scale are exposed in the open by the initiators and project developers. The users may then shoot or embrace it. Apparently things are different in Secondlife. In this world we have to wait and see what 'people' (I don't know them) have come up with for us. In itself this is remarkable and at the same time the source of all speculation. It would be so much better if LindenLabs were a little more transparant, clearer. I can handle that. And it's always nice to be surprised!
  13. If I may ask, who told you that? Was that on this forum and when (where)?
  14. Thank you Nika, With races a Race Director [RD] tells us how the wind blows and what the speed must be. And of course I never cheat. My plea is for the complete West Coast of Satori, Inclusieve from Imelza up to Stromberg. Those shoreline sims there are currently among the slums of Second Life. While it is so easy to solve that right away.
  15. I really like virtual sailing and up-wind you just need the space. I hope the Lindens read my plea and I hope they take into account essential amenities appropriate to the size of the world (read: Bellisseria) they've created.