Kadah Coba

Resident
  • Last visited

171 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. What's with all the human mesh bodies needing to be cursed? Skimming over the talk around this one, it kinda sounds like they might have confused the list of general complaints about other mesh bodies for a design spec. The only possible upside I'm seeing is maybe its easier to get access to the devkit, but this appears to be offset by restrictive and limiting license terms. Couldn't we have commissioned a few permissive open source bodies instead?
  2. I too would prefer the old stuff be flagged as such instead of nuked.
  3. Why do the bots need EM verse just being allowed via the allowlist?
  4. Awesome, gonna enable this on my estate. And maybe the policy change to further increase the requirement to have bot accounts flagged properly actually has some affect. I hope something like this eventually comes to the parcel level. I have some mainland which has been seeing exponential increase is roaming bots visiting with unknown purposes. It's nearly useless to ban them individually as repeat names rarely are seen. One of our rental parcels has seen over a dozen bots in the past 24 hours, this was typically 1-3 per day max just last week going back over a year. No clue what's with a recent massive uptick in bot traffic. And this is just what's our parcels alone are seeing, the regions themselves might be getting even more bot traffic that we're not checking for. :s
  5. Contributors grant LL a license which would allows LL to change the license in the future. There was actually some various issues in the distant past, which was part of the reason LL changed the license to LGPL from GPLv2. The current CLA for reference. The license they release the code as is what everybody else can use it under. Internally their license is full ownership. However, LL is just unlikely to do a restrictive license change as they are not arseholes.
  6. Holiday week. Larger projects in progress. No bugs that needed fixing. Not bad reasons for a restart only week. :p
  7. Getting super off topic but... The "mid sized" EV charge station I'm currently getting installed will use more electricity than our entire commercial/industrial block and the surrounding residential area. Most of our power comes from natural gas or coal, especially at the hours when its going to be used the most. The possibly sad part is that this station is barely going to put a dent in the EV charge infra that's going to be needed. On the scale of "caring about the environment", it probably would go something like this for socal: pedestrian power, e-bike or similar, bus on a busy route, carpool, ev charged only on home solar, LNG, CNG, fuelcell, hybrid, ev charged from grid, literally anything else, bus on a low volume route (eg. most buses on the majority of routes).
  8. Run Win7 in a virtual machine, then run whatever currently supported OS you want on the host. The number of hax and compromises you'll need to stay on 7 has already beyond those needed in the opposite situation, and this will only increase during this year. I'm saying this coming from a position of still having to support a bunch of Win7 machines at work and have a very strong dislike for 8/10/11. Also, what ancient and probably long EOL'd MCUs and FPGAs are you working with that don't have tool chains that work on anything newer than 7? I'm pretty sure every single MCU I've worked with over the past decade is supported by the current tools, though I could see that happening with some old FPGAs.
  9. There has been only reasons to migrate to a 64-bit OS and viewer for a very long time. This ancient chart of mine of FS crash stats is exactly 10 years and 1 month old today.
  10. If I was still involved with FS, I'd have pushed for just nudging it to 1:1. From what I remember, its like 1 or so pixels off being 1:1, which makes the choice even more confusing. The entire web profile project was like that from what I saw. After [I forget his name, the one that was lead web profiles] left LL, the whole project quickly came to a halt and what had been testing be beta was moved to release as-is. The only thing I ever saw using the tag cloud was that one email campaign trying to do match making on seemingly accounts with few friends and/or in frequent use and/or at random. Good point, being able to grab preferred language in LSL could be handy. Though without some means to handle storing a lot of translations effectively and easily in LSL, its possible the feature wouldn't see much use. I'm only saying free text field if the only other option is a single selection from a predefined list. Its not-quite-markdown, something like [url Text for link] Some actual markdown support in text would be nice to have.
  11. When I contributed the viewer profiles to LL, it included the interests and web tabs. Sometime in the 2-3 years they were working on it, those got removed. I do not known any details as to why. Similarly, I do not know why we ended up with yet another profile image aspect ratio. I had reused either v2's or v1's (I forgot since that was years ago), webprofile's would have also made since, but they went for "not quite 1:1" for whatever reason. lol I can kinda understand dropping most of the fields in the interest tab as they were too limited. Web profiles kinda tried to have similar-ish functionality with its interest tag cloud thing, which as far as I saw, was highly underutilized and possibly only fed the short lived match-maker email campaign. Had that or something like it been carried over, and it had some use in search, and been redesigned to be used more, it could have been neat. One thing web profiles and LL viewer profile did miss is the language field. I feel that the boat left on that being a "should have been kept" back when it was not added to web profiles; which is possibly for the best as back then, I would have fully expected if them to have made it a single choice drop-down instead of free-text or at least a multi-select. The loss of the web tab, specifically the website field, was rather annoying. A lot of residents made use of that for linking to their MP store or other useful links. Largely a lot of my complaints are minimized by the increased character length of the bio fields to 64KB and LL adopting parsing of links in bios as officially supported. An easier method in-viewer to create/format links would be nice as you otherwise have to locate and RTFM the markup documentation for that on your own (getting a WYSIWYG editor control would be a pretty big request). The one key thing legacy interests tab did was to prompt many residents to share a certain set of common data points. So I'm a hard +1 to bring back the "languages' field and a soft/"sure why not" +1 to bring over something like web profile's interest tag cloud under the stipulation that it'll works for search since it is otherwise kinda useless.
  12. Since the deploy was causing damage to existing objects, I believe the rollback also reverted the sim state and not just reverting the simulator version. If you manage to loose no-copy items due to having rezed them during the short window before the rollback, may want to contact support and see if they can do anything.
  13. Kinda surprised the new JWT functions were in this roll, had expected they were gonna be in beta for like a week first before hitting an Aditi RC. Unless they were already and I just heard about them late.
  14. Its possibly about as bad as lists in that example, though lists have the upside that duplicate values are stored as references, though that is kind of an edge case to make happen. There might also be some referencing happening on retrieved values, I can't remember, its been years since I tested this.