Gilliana Parx

Resident
  • Last visited

23 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Would it be fair to ask who the creator was? Not to shun them, im mostly interested if its a redemption arc... Yea, copybotting is just all types of wrong. It is basically theft... which is absurdly petty when a lot of items are like... the equivalent of a dollar or euro already.
  2. I actually don't mind it with hair either. Often enough its just rigged anyhow, so there is no real point? And even if its mod it often is one big piece so even try-error texturing to delete bangs and all is not... really vaiable but thats fine. I noticed that many hair creators oddly enough do MORE modify recently or have, like... the bangs on the front be seperated items.
  3. Im sorry, what are you talking about? Demos don't show if something is mod, copy or anything. They show the permissions... of the demo. And naturally a demo is no mod, no copy, no trans because its something you didn't buy yet. Again, my point is not the modify thing. Its not telling people the permissions upfront. And to your criticism of me; 10/20/2008 (5130) This is my accountage. Im not new to this. Im also part of Process of Elemination. You are free to look that up on the Marketplace. Further im a Sim-builder and if you get the Second Life Weekly Newsletter or follow SL's Twitter; My work was on the cover on August 16 of this year. I am very much also creating content. So please don't talk like im some kind of Jerk who just wants to insult creators.
  4. Marketplace is usually listed correctly-ish. I think if its wrong here, its in 9 of 10 cases a honest mistake. I mostly refer to creators with almost 90% of their stuff being in world only or on event sales. And i do boycott that, if its not listed. But that kind of thing does not really do much in SL. There also is no real... counter movement against this i know of. There even is one against no modify, which i again agree is something you can disagree with me on (and i 100% agree there are cases in which something should and can be no modify, no questions asked, its a case to case thing to me), but not for this, which i actually think should be seen as a violation of sorts. |D In world, i did not yet find an option to tell what permission an item has. Even if you buy from a box that you can inspect to see its content, all contents are usually listed as no copy, no mod, no trans, no matter what they will be when i purchased it. If im wrong and just do not see an option that exist i would be thankful to know! It would make second life a lot easier!
  5. You did not read my post, did you? "No mod" is upfront. But the issue im talking about is not the no mod-issue but that its not even LISTED on the Product itself IF IT IS no modify. As i wrote, you can have a different opinion on no-modify but thats a different topic. However, Im pretty sure its in everyones best interest to know WHAT THE PERMISSIONS ARE before a purchase and that should be the bare minimum. The Demo of the Product in question shows me exactly that, if it WAS modify, i could turn the part of the item that bothers me invisible. So, if it was, i would buy it immidiately. If it is NO MOD however, that piece is in the way of the outfit i want it for and will not work with the theme. So, its Schroedingers Item. Its either modify and fits perfectly or its no modify and i have no use for it. The problem is; I can't know! And yes, i wrote the creator and i hope an answer comes... eventually... but i shouldn't have to write a notecard everytime i want to know what permissions the stuff i want to buy has.
  6. I know, a bit of a rude title, but i did not know how else to put it. In the recent... one or two years in SL of the 14 I am apparently in here, i noticed that an absurd high number of creators not only sell their items No Modify (which i in itself find absolutely stupid) but - which i find far worse - refuse to list the permissions of the items they sell anywhere on the package. And while im sitting here since half an hour, trying to find out if a certain item is modify, i am also at the same time wondering... Why the heck are we okay with this? I already realized that there is a MASSIVE spike in self-importance with many creators, even tho their creative energy begins and ends with what was in a fashion magazine six months ago, but isn't it just a matter of basic decency to let your customer know what exactly they are buying? I don't agree to no mod and you might see that differently. Okay, fine! But can i at least be informed about the specifics of the stuff i put money in for, thank you very much? I don't see any kind of movement against this, even tho everyone should be angry at that. In fact, it should be against the rules. In reality thats what we would call "buying a pig in a poke". And by now it seems to be a vast majority of clothing and accessoires related items for those big bodies that just don't tell you. I want to mod my stuff. Either making my own texture for something, turning a piece invisible or just to link it, if some complex Roleplay-Outfit that also needs me to equip two huds and stuff makes me hit the attachment limit in day and age of extra heads, ears, hair, jewelry, eyes, piercings, a body, hands, feet and then some... I don't get whats so difficult in writing NM/C/NT or something similar on your product page. It can't be too much to ask... What is your view on this? am i the only one seeing it this way?
  7. Yea i have the same issue right now. Im from europe and im 99,99% sure it has something todo with that. |D And if anyone suggests to reset my router or contacting my provider im going to be a very... very angry women. p.s.: My Internet works fine too, i can also reach the Second Life website allright its - again - only a login issue. I am actually logged in right now since i am since a few hours, but when i try to log into the Asset-Account of our Sim it won't let me in.