Dean Haystack

Resident
  • Last visited

121 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. When you say all search functions stopped working, you mean they return no results? I see you included notecards, do you mean the word search in a notecard is not returning any results? Some screenshots might help.
  2. Never buy anything with the hopes it will ever be updated. There are numerous reasons why updates might never come, fail to meet sales expectations, general lost of interest to keep developing, even untimely demise. Even if you could tell when that change was made, there is still no guarantee an update will ever come.
  3. If you are able to set it to Adult, then you are signed in, other wise it wouldn't let you in the first place. If it keeps defaulting to General when you go back and forth on the pages, that sounds like an aggressive cookie filter that is killing the cookies every chance it gets, check your browser settings. If you aren't confident enough to go look at that, consider installing another browser even if temporarily and use it on its default settings to view the Marketplace.
  4. Did you try to Right Click > Pay? Bringing the Pay window up with a Left Click is something that the object's owner needs to set up. The thing is a lot of people will complain about it being something quite annoying since erratic clicks can bring them up. When you say "they used to work before" how long are you talking about? Yesterday? A few years ago? Because while in the old days it was common practice, today not so much.
  5. It would help if you showed some pictures and explain how exactly are you doing it and the tools you are using.
  6. Dean Haystack

hairbase

The LeLutka hairbase that comes in the head is applied to a proprietary mesh with its own UV map, not the standard SL UV map. That's why it looks so much better, because it actually has a higher pixel density than what you can achieve when you comply with the standard UV map. So no, you cannot use it in any other head besides the LeLutka, much like Aesthetic skins can only be used in Aesthetic avatars.
  7. File a police report, or rather, who ever is receiving death threats should file a police report. These days they actually tend to do the paperwork instead of laughing you off the station. But it goes without saying these threats are a whole lot of nothing most likely, and for what I understand, the targets of the threats don't even wanna file an AR with LL? Doesn't seem like they are taking these any serious themselves.
  8. This is a Bento skeleton/joints/bones as people commonly refer to: This is an Animesh pet companion: An Animesh object uses the Bento joints, and a script is run to play animations on it, this is how it looks like in world: You definitely don't want a pet using the joints of your avatar, this will highly limit the animations you can have on it.
  9. Belleza Jake has butt physics working, I'd make you a gif but I'd never hear the end of it.
  10. I'd put it in frames if I were you, look up full perm ones if you can't do the mesh itself, don't just put them on a prim that's too bland, most people want something ready made they can just put up. Depending on your art you might wanna add specular and normal maps, if you don't know what these are, learn, they can be a selling point. Make sure you do some eye catching advertising for them, remember, less is more. Use social media, a lot of people use different websites, you have to cater to all of them, don't make such a Facebook say and expect anyone that doesn't have an account there to make one just to follow you. Best way to sell them is on the MP I'd say, at least for a start, you'll be hard pressed to get an in world store going for a start. Work on a nice portfolio because you start trying to advertise it, have about 20 pieces ready I'd say.
  11. That kinda effect can be done with something called a "strand base system." How it works is basically some particles (as many as you like) attached to each other in a string like formation, then you "rig" that lace on the cuffs and the skirt to such strands, and then you run a simple simulation that keeps trying to keep those strands in a pre-determined formation within certain constrains and yes that includes the collision box of the avatar. The result is it will lag behind the animation while it keeps trying to spring back into place, all and all, that kinda thing has been around in video games since the early-mid 2000's. Just to be clear here, that is not something beyond the capabilities of LL, I mean look at what we have on Sansar: Those gifs should impress you a lot more as they are technically more impressive. I would quite like that technology to be ported into SL, but, you know... easier said than done. As always, it is a matter of how much time and money it would cost to implement such a thing in SL, it doesn't mean it never will be.
  12. Keep trying and you'll get there, this can take days or weeks. There are several ways you can find what people are wearing. Right Click and Inspect, although depending on item and how it's made this can be hard. There is a HUD called "What are they Wearing?" that you can use, it should be free don't pay for it. Use the Area Search, remove the attached filter, search my owner name. I believe the best bet for you would be the HUD, although I just looked on the MP and there seems to be no free version there, people are being cheeky trying to sell it, so look else where, just be careful where you get it from. Also don't wear it all the time only when you are using it.