tats on skins

AmandaChaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some skin and/or tattoo merchants sell tattooed skins, although this has become much less common since tattoos became available. Why? Because the chance of being happy with the tattoo and the skin from one creator is much lower than finding both separately. 

If you want to know if someone can combine an existing tattoo and skin you own, your chances are slim-to-none unless by some freak chance both are full perm. 

AmandaChaos wrote:

Hi I'm wondering if there is anyway to get a skin with the tattoo's already applied  so a tattoo layer isn't nessacary

You always have the option of asking the creator of the skin you use, if they are willing to customize it for you.. Or to find another designer that makes it custom (that will include a new skin, as designers can't edit each others skins)

But yes it is possible.. I used to do only custom designs, but it takes time, long time = it becomes pretty expensive to get something custommade, price ofcause also depends on the permissions.. I for one never do anything full perm anymore.

I know quiet a few that had it done, mostly men and they say its be cause its easier to wear, but ofcause much more difficult and expensive if one regrets and will need a whole new skin..

A custom skin can easily cost up to several thousand lindens... depending on exately what is wanted and needed on it.

But it wont cost you anything to at least try and ask the creator of your skin (if you wish to keep that one and not plan to be getting a new one)

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Is there a limit on the number of tattoo layers one can apply?

There is a limit, it's five. The same applies for any clothing layer and also for alpha masks.

For prim, sculpty and mesh attachments, on any attachment point, there is no limit as long as the total number of the attachments worn does not exceed 38 - that number includes also possible HUDs attached.

PS.

Surely it's also well known that instead of just on tattoo layers, tattoos can be made also on any clothing layer. So that should be enough canvas for anybody for tattooing. I wonder why the OP wants to "ruin" the skin with permanent tattoos. :smileysurprised:

Maybe the reason for asking is simple. People often ask why they can't wear more than one tattoo layer, because they have heard from others that it's possible... but when they try to "wear" a new one the first is kicked off.

If this is why you need a tattoo on skin layer, you can use "add" instead of "wear" and add up to 5 tattoos.

Marianne Little wrote:

Maybe the reason for asking is simple. People often ask why they can't wear more than one tattoo layer, because they have heard from others that it's possible... but when they try to "wear" a new one the first is kicked off.

If this is why you need a tattoo on skin layer, you can use "add" instead of "wear" and add up to 5 tattoos.

Could also be related to the fact that sometimes wearing multiple tattoo layers has caused baking problems for some people.

Without more input from the OP we don't know the reason for the request.

They may be thinking if painted on the skin itself they could get a higher quality.   Many tattoos I've seen become a littled blurred (pixelated?) when you zoom in on them.

tako Absent wrote:

Maybe she want to do it in real-life-way that she gonna regret it in the future for having a permanent tattoo lol.
;)
Well anyone has their on preferences so if she want it and she can afford it then go for it haha;)

Ive never regretted mine in rl.  ; ) if you get the right one.. no regrets.  I know I offer nothing to this post. Just wanted to say not all tattoos are horror stories. lol :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.