slink physquie body help

starsmoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just purchased the slink body  . Can you wear prim stuff with this body ? 2. and some of my  primstuff works  i see the bottom half of the out fit but not the top or blouse.  when I look in my inventory its says its worn but its not on my body i still am nakied thank you for any help with this matter .

You cannot apply system layers to a mesh body. Ever.

It simply doesn't work. If the clothing item has the outline of a piece of clothing beside it, it will not show up on the Slink Physique body, or on any other mesh (or prim, or whatever) body. It only shows up on the system avatar, because that's what that type of clothing is made for. It's basically just body paint, and it can't be transferred in any way to an attachment, like mesh breasts or a mesh body. 

Any prim pieces of an outfit are just attachments. They might not fit exactly right without editing, but they wear just fine with a mesh body. That's why you can wear mesh clothing over a mesh body; it's an attachment, not a system layer. You can wear ITEMS, but not clothing layers. 

To wear the "system clothes" you have to use the applier system. This means you have to have a full permission copy of the original template that you can put in your personal hud or purchase clothing marked as having Slink Appliers. If you look on the Slink website, there's a whole list of stores that make clothing appliers, including mine.  http://slinkstyle.com/physique-body-appliers-clothingtattoos/

I have a physique body.  Nice shape, but clothing is an issue.  I realy like her for nakie dancing.  

Clothing her is a royal pain, though.  The applier system is clunky, I ended up having better luck if I make a fresh copy of the body for each outfit, and apply just the clothing layres I want to that body, to the extent that I can get them.  The appliers are not nearly as versitale as system clothing layers.  

I can wear some of my prim clothes, but I have to fiddle with the sliders and make a new shape for each item.  The physique fitted shape does work with my regular avatar shape settings, but comes out with a different shape than my SL avatar.  Oh, and the alpha masking system for physique, as the other systems I have tried, ends up with either not blocking out a critical piece of my body, or else runs an crack of invisibility next my clothes, so only about half my mesh cothing can be used with them at all. Neither of my fitted mesh outfiits work with physique, no matter how I fiddle with the shape.  I could make myself a custom skin with a custom alpha mask built into the skin,but that is a lot of work to just to wear a pair of boots, And then I would have to change my skin, just to take off the boots.

I also worry about the rendering cost of these things.  There are the equivilant of 4 mesh avatars, each with several times the vertex count of the standard avatar.  So at least a factor of 10 increase in the load on my graphics card, I hate to think about a room full of them.

But, as I said at the beginning, a pleasing shape, and very nice for nakie dancing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.