rendering issues

intrepidangel86

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently became a member of second life and it was great at first however after a few times being here my clothes that ive used mutiple times no longer load correctly. Biggest problem is if i put a dress on the bottom half appears but the top is nude body. I asked around and everyone said I was half naked that it wasnt just on my end. Can anyone tell me why it worked for a while then suddenly started doing this. Ive even created a new account and re installed two different viewers with no results. i love second life but if the only thing i can do here is use the stock avatars with stock clothes its kinda pointless.

Sad no one has answered this yet. I am having similar issues. I haven't logged on in a couple of months and after even having a clean install, completely deleted cache, updated install, completely deleted cache, and everything else under the sun i've seen to do, I still have alphas and body parts that are completely invisible to me but everyone else says they can see me completely. There's no loading going on, everything on me is okay, but a lot of my outfits are messed up atleast on my end. I had recently redid my entire Operating System and everything and even after that, i still appear incomplete to myself, but others as i said see me as complete. I've rebaked textures, cleared cache (as previously stated) and even then after i did it manually, used the onboard clear cache button in the viewer (firestorm) but nothing works. I'm having to go through and find clothes that i can see and apply them to outfits that are only broken to me apparently just so I'm not looking at a messed up avi.

Thank you for the help, but I haven't had any luck. I am not sure what is going on. I have found two outfits that still show up. Both mesh, but everything else in my outfits including some that have those same bodies like in the two outfits that work,  the torso and legs are invisible unless I remove the alphas. It's like the alphas are going over everything instead of going in the items they are meant to work with. I can't see anyone elses bodies or arms either. Just heads and tails (if applicable) and even then, sometimes faces aren't there, just the individual facial features like eyes, mouth and such. I've done a total clean and install of different viewers, made sure i had all the java and quicktime plugin (even though those only go to streaming i think), and haven't had this issue before now.

I think it's important to know a bit about the hardware that you are using. People that have amd/ati video cards have had issues with certain mesh especially fit mesh. Correct me if I'm wrong but you can find that info under help > about(your specific viewer)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.