noob needs help

Nerve Voix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody,

I need some help. I've joined SL about 4 years ago but I have never actually done anything with it. What I mean is, usually about 3 times a year I give SL a go, only to quit about a week later...sooo, I guess that time of the year is here again :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Anyway, I need help with the way I look. I'm still using the skins and shapes that came with my account, and those look awful. 

For the last 2 days I've been searching for a male skin + shape but all I can find is either girls, sci fi stuff, or just guys with a six pack and a bodybuilder kind of look.

And when I do find a skin that doesn't look like it has been lifting weights in the gym non stop for the last couple of years, he usually looks a little too girly for me :/

finding cloths, hair and all of that is easy, but not the skin part... So, can anyone help me find a skin (or a store) that doesn't look all pumped up or girly, but has a kind of messy/grunge look? Im ready to spend about 1000L$ on this. Even more if I think its worth it, but it needs to have a demo version.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help me out. (sry for any mistakes, not my native language)

Hello  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

When shopping for most things I will search the Marketplace first the go to the inworld store to try the demo's. Especially for skins and shapes you need to try a demo......if the store does not offer it I will not purchase there.

Here is a MP link to male skins/shapes. Find some you may like and go inworld to try the demo. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=375&search%5Bkeywords%5D=male+avatars&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=12

I mean I know what I like in a man.....but everyone is different.

/me winks and and a devilish smile comes across her face  

Good luck

The skin from Hermony is great imho.

leon_shape_only.jpg

<not oily sixpack, and the face is interesting and not a bit girly. The buzz cut that is included (painted on hair) is just great. You also get a totally bald head version. Shape is included, several layers of bodyhair and a stubble tattoo, plus some eyebrow scars. The price is 1100L, well it was 1100 L when I bought it for my alt.

My other favourite are Aeros Avatars. The bodies is different on all the skins, some are muscular and some a bit less. But they cost 2000, that is for a lot of stuff. 3 different shapes for tall, muscular and average, 2 or 3 tan options, lots of facial hairs and bodyhair options, and eyes.

Then there is The Body Co. I don't like the body co for  females because of the pricing (one makeup tattoo cost 250L!) and their lack of appliers for my mesh feet and hands. But for a male (or female, lol) who has no interest in mesh hands or feet, their skins are good. http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Shops/128/128/0/ These skins cost 999 L and for that you get a shape and 2 skins, one with painted on hair and one without. The Body Co has a new line of skins in the newer part called TheShops, but I am not up to date with the prices.Sure it is more than 1000L.

The Shops have some really nice skins, both male and female. The nice thing is, you can choose between several different body types, and pick components of your face individually (lips, eyebrows). They're not really greased up, and just look like an average surfer-type guy who's toned but not bodybuilder-esque. 

Actually the skin someone posted above me, from Hermony, looks really similar to skins from The Shops, so if you like that kind of body, definitely check them out. There's a ton of different faces and facial options from The Shops available so it's great for customization!

Anyway, here's their Flickr page so you can see some of the faces. Just search "The Shops" in-world to find a LM. They're a very popular store, so you'll have no trouble finding the location. I'm not signed on in-world right now to give you a Slurl or I'd just post that.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/theshops/

If you do decide to check out The Shops, they have an odd shopping experience. They have a HUD that you need in order to shop. You can click on the sign that says "Need a HUD?" and wear the Shop Mode HUD. Once that's on, you can go to the skins section and you'll click on each pic on the wall that will pull up the info on the HUD where you can choose which tone you want it in, and which color or style. The HUD is what will give you the demos (click try it on button from the HUD). Once you decide you want to buy something you'll have to deposit your lindens into one of the signs on the wall and then it'll show up on your HUD and you can click your options again and click on "Buy now." 

Hi :)

I have bought from the marketplace women's avis and very happy with everything this designer offers.

They do not have IW store so the Marketplace pricing is amazing 99 L to 249 L for all that is included each avi.

Noya Designs

One example is: Marius all for 249 L

**NOYA** represents new PLATINUM Complete Male Avatar Line. MARIUS is the first in range of these unique very realistic skins and shapes.

a Complete Male Avatar with 3 skins and modifyable Shape and Eyes and MESH swimming trunks in different textures, a Harley D. Jeans and a lot more
-MARIUS Sunny Male Platinum Skin Bald Shaved (copy)
-MARIUS Sunny Male Platinum Skin Shaved and Black Hairbase type 1 (copy)
-MARIUS Sunny Male Platinum Skin Shaved and Black Hairbase type 2 (copy)
-MARIUS Olympic Shape (modify+copy)

-3 different eyebrow types
-MARIUS Realistic Eyes
-Harley D. Jeans
-MESH in 4 sizes Swimming Trunk in Black/White, Blue/White and Classic Checked
-FREE Piercings
-FREE 1 boxershorts

Shapes are all fully modify.

Thank you for shopping NOYA

Good Luck, WickedFun

Marianne Little wrote:

The skin from Hermony is great imho.

leon_shape_only.jpg

By SL standards this dude is Bishonen, but not Bishi in fashion. He's about what I was getting at - but I don't do male avatars so I didn't have any examples to call forth.

That said I cannot stand that hair style and pants getup, its on the boytoys of every fish-mouthed avatar in SL. The two looks always seem to come hand in hand as a couple. o.O

At least this example has a normal face with only a tiny bit of frown.

• 2 weeks later...

Try WoW and 7 Deadly Skins. Both have packs with skins and avi and do have demos. Keep in mind that the look of the muscle definition is on the skin. I make shapes and use the WoW and 7 Deadly when I want a normal look rather than the body builder. Redgrave has some good ones as well.

there is a great designer  FREE store in  sim Lawst Paradise ...   it is in the medieval freebie shop .. 

found in search New Resident Island.. hope this helps  great male skin hair clothes (from Gizza)  free..  good place

I would recommend also going to Help in Caledon (an SL school which has boards to read / educate yourself about the SL ways)     Also!   Great Hunt  coming for MEN   theme is Father's Day  in JUNE   (dates not sure .. June )  free items when you find em..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.