my avatar keeps removing its clothes everytime i equip an item

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you clicking "wear" or "add" in your inventory? In my opinion, getting itno the habit of always clicking add, and never wear, will help ensure you don't lose items when putting others on. It can take a few times of removing stuff before getting the hang of it, but once you've developed the habit, you'll stop running into the problem.

When you "add" items, it allows more than one to be worn on the same place(as most often multiple things need to be attached to the same base location). When you "wear", you are replacing whatever is already in that spot, rather than putting it on in addition to. Mesh clothes/attachments, for example, are almost always attached to the exact same place(usually the hand, the default position), but move to the correct position because of how they are created.

Although truth be told, I still occasionally forget and have a "doh" moment myself(not to say if it happens it *should bea doh moment, it just is for me, lol). It happens to the best of us.

Hopefully this helps some :)

All wearable items are meant to substitute others you're wearing for the same “slot” (so to speak) in several ways:

* Skin, shape, eyes, hair base: You cannot wear more than one of each; the moment you wear for example another skin, it automatically substitutes the one you were wearing.

* Tattoos, jackets, shirts, undershirts, pants, underwear, socks, gloves (all of these referring to layered items, that is, those which are tightly “painted” over your shape and, for the most part, don't add any volume to it): you can currently wear up to five of each, but even if you want to, you have to tell the viewer that you want to add them on top of whichever you're wearing, or it will by default substitute it. For example, if you're wearing a tight top that in your inventory is stored as a “shirt”, and you want to layer a second one on top of it, also issued as “shirt”, you'll have to right-click on this second item in your inventory and choose “add” instead of “wear”, otherwise it will take off the first and you'll be wearing only the second one. If they're of a different type (for example the second is issued as a “jacket”), you won't have to add it since it's of a different type, it'll just appear on top without taking the first.

* Objects... be it basic prims, sculpted, non-rigged mesh, rigged mesh, or fitmesh (all of which can take the form of different parts of your body, or clothing, or at least parts of clothing): you can wear many of them (I don't remember the limit) for different parts of your body. For example, if you're wearing a prim hair and you try wearing another one, it will take off the first one, because both were meant for the same point in your body (the skull) and “slot”... but, as before, you could actually wear the second one with “add” instead of “wear”, and then you'd have two hairs (usually not a pretty sight).

Later on, when you practice more with wearing stuff, you'll learn that you can see all the things you're wearing, take them off in different ways, and even re-arrange the order in which some of them (the second category, those that let you wear up to 5 of each type) are stacked.

In that image it appears your "body" is attached to your right hand,  the default place for random attachments.  take it off and attach it to another attachment point, somthing like spine or pelvis, or anything that you don't use.  Rigged mesh will always appea fit the same no mater where it is attached, so just atach it to whatever point you use least. 

Aspire Rang wrote:

In that image it appears your "body" is attached to your right hand,  the default place for random attachments.  take it off and attach it to another attachment point, somthing like spine or pelvis, or anything that you don't use.  Rigged mesh will always appea fit the same no mater where it is attached, so just atach it to whatever point you use least. 

i attached it to my main body will that break anything 

Mesh items' default attachement is the right hand. Since you can only have 5 things attached, it can fill up fast when you have designers that don't think to move it. As long as the item is rigged mesh, it's set to know how to attach to the avi, regardless of where the item is actually attached. I regularly move anything attached to my hand to a more appropriate spot. I also tend to use spots not commonly used. A dress, top or jacket will be attached to the left or right pec or left or right shoulder, so as to leave the more common points for designers. A skirt usually ends up attached to one or the other hip, pants to the left or right upper leg. As long as the item is rigged, and the only mesh I've seen that isn't rigged is hair and some shoes, the item will look the same.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.