lenght legs

nausicaa Dinzeo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The LL shape not permit to short the legs withouth modify lenght snd proportions of all shape. I tryed to create a realistic japanese shape but I have issues on legs ongact. The japanese body has short leg but high torace, in sl when you reduce lenght of legs, the LL shape reduce own full height. The result is legs sgort but shotg torace too and short height when you want legs more short but same torace not modifidied to emulate properly the proportions legs-hips-bottom of japanese common body.

nausicaa Dinzeo wrote:

The LL shape not permit to short the legs withouth modify lenght snd proportions of all shape. I tryed to create a realistic japanese shape but I have issues on legs ongact. The japanese body has short leg but high torace, in sl when you reduce lenght of legs, the LL shape reduce own full height. The result is legs sgort but shotg torace too and short height when you want legs more short but same torace not modifidied to emulate properly the proportions legs-hips-bottom of japanese common body.

You can go in and edit the Torso length after you shortened the legs...

There is a slider only for the torso length as well as one for the hip length too..

editing shape.jpg

Keep in mind that on proper human proportions the middle of the body is at the top of the crotch. Half your height above, half your height below (in contrast to my guide on proportion that states the bottom of the crotch - I need to correct it - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872302/#__sec11title ).

Stunted legs might be seen more often in older Japanese - as a result of malnutrition in childhood; this issue is common enough in Asians born before the 1980s; but what you see in real life is only slightly off from the 50:50 ratio. However that slight variation can be very obvious visually when a person with such legs is beside a younger generation person who had a more balanced diet growing up and is thus 50:50.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872302/

Note the section on Maya populations from Guatemala and the USA (where many have immigrated after Reagan's wars in the 1980s).

( 7.1 under http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872302/#__sec14title )

In Japan the medium lenght of legs in proportion with torso is different by western type again, its not malnutrition but genetic difference. Sl shape slides not get realistic proportions for race as well,when i try to modify torso and legs,the height is modifidied in same time for all parts and no indipendent way for legs only. Oh yes same slide more needs to customize shoulders and hips that mesh bodies get natural looking for now only.

It is malnutrition and is common in fish heavy diets. I live in an area that is 33% Asian - including a LOT of very tall Japanese and Koreans.

Current generations are rapidly getting taller - and showing that genetically Asians are actually rather unusually tall. But diet has traditionally stunted this. Over the last two decades in Korea, average heights have gone up dramatically and long legs are now quite common. Media I see from Japan hints at the same thing - and here where I live the populations of these two ethnic groups are on the same general height as whites, or taller, if under 30.

Despite what propaganda in various places might say, there is actually very little difference in the "races" other than surface features. The mention of the Maya study in the URL I linked is key - what was presumed to be a dramatic "genetic difference" between Central American Maya Indians and other people, went away in a single generation of living as refugees in the USA.

That said yes; to depict an Asian born in Asia before the 1980s, stunt the limbs a bit. Go for normal human proportions and perhaps after that drop off 5% from limbs and add it into torso. But a person born after this is going to show different traits unless they've lived on a more isolated diet - I know that even Koreans who eat a solidly Korean diet are now popping up taller simply because they have a more balanced healthy version of the same foods their parents had.

Yes however i have seen in japan that proportions and height of young japanese girls is quite different by western cojnterpart again. Yes japanese diet is poor of fruit and meat like western diet but western diet is becoming slowly common in japan too. Maybe the next generations will have western proportions or like chineses and koreans.

Ok.

Try looking near the bottom of my proportion guide (link is in my signature below). Near the bottom I have a list of shape dials and what they effect.

In my guide I tell people to take two equal prims, one on top of the other, and link them, then stretch them until they are the same height as the avatar - the middle where they link should be at the top of the crotch area.

For you, a little different. Start out with two prims, which added together are 1m tall. Make the lower one the percentage of body height a modern adult Japanese citizen has for their percentage of height that is the legs. Make the other one the rest.

Now put them together so they exactly touch (check the numbers, not just by looking at them, but read the numbers on the 'z' or height and make sure they are perfectly touching). Link them.

Now when you place them beside your avatar (get on a pose stand with a "T-Pose") and stretch them to match your height - where they meet up is where you want your crotch to be.

Going to have to adjust a LOT of dials to get it there while still staying the same height. It seems easy to look at it and know "Ok, this is the proportions I want" but the SL shape dials are horrible... and it takes a lot of adjusting for a person to get what they want...

Sorry I got all over you about the genetics thing. I got scolded some years back by a doctor over that subject who lectured that food and climate are responsible for what we see in proportions. Got me mad actually, and in my desire to argue him I started noticing 2nd and 3rd generation Asian immigrants were getting very tall, and wanted to learn why.

Oh on height and history: Europeans used to be short like Asians, until they came to the Americas. When they met my northern ancestors: the "Indians" of the great plains, we were like giants next to them. Much as many Africans also were very tall. This changed in the last century or two as European diets changed to be more balanced.

By contrast my southern ancestors: the Amazon Indians of the western mountain Amazon region, are still today very short, averaging 4'8" for adult women. They have a much more limited diet, that is currently getting worse as their traditional staple, Quinoa, is being taken by international farming companies who are pricing them out of their own harvests.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.