i need help with avatar.

AmyMage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well i always wanted to become a furry in SL and it seems like fun, but i don't know where to start or what i need to buy in order to get it started. i looked on market place but all i could find is mods and not an actuall avatar. so where do i go to start? 

• 4 weeks later...

You can also go to Sims that provide FREE stuff to get boxes of Free furries.  The items may not be up to date but it is a furry to start. 

Also, my favorite two Furry Avatars would have to be the Blue Galaxy Furry from BG, and the Kemono Avatar from Utilizator incase you want a cartoon-ish Furry. These two avatars are both fully mesh to where you can customize the textures yourself or find mods if you want to put in the work.   Other than that, their are plenty of shop items and tutorials on how to put together a Furry Avi.  

You can even go to Google Images. Type in Second Life: Furry Avatars.   Then, if you find a Style of Furry that you like, click on the image and see if it will send you to the Blogger or Website that the picture is linked to. Some pictures will provide links to bloggers whom will LIST the items associated with that Furry Avatar. So you can know what sort of items you need to get in order to have that Furry Style. :3

I'd recommend a look at SLARF who have reviewed something like 200 furry avatars in great detail. Also, on the Marketplace, select the 'Complete Avatars' category before searching. That will cut out most of the modkits and return a better selection of what you want to see. You could also click on the 'Furry Avatars' subcategory if you only want to see anthropomorphic (rather than full animal) avatars.

Beyond that, I'd give the standard advice for anyone new to SL (or maybe just new to furry shopping)... try as many demos and freebies as you can before committing a lot of money to an avatar. It always helps to see what's out there before diving in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.