good avatar skin and shape combos for male avatar bases

Ozweego

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like more information.

What do you have in mind? Caukasian, asian, african? Tan caukasian or pale with freckles? Light or dark african? Young looking face? Hard facial features/intimidating? Brow color?

And how will you have the shape? Tall, as in maximum height, or realistic height? SL male shapes can be eight feet. Thin? Muscular?

Shennn wrote:

If you're looking to go the extra milestone, try The Shops, where the skins are realistic and you can demo the mesh heads and bodies there

If you are going to recommend a mesh body you should say its a mesh body.. Also you should point out they would need to spend $5000L to get one that has a working alpha hud..

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Shennn wrote:

If you're looking to go the extra milestone, try The Shops, where the skins are realistic and you can demo the mesh heads and bodies there

If you are going to recommend a mesh body you should say its a mesh body.. Also you should point out they would need to spend $5000L to get one that has a working alpha hud..

Right there with you, Drake. I really tell new residents to stay away from mesh avis until they learn how SL works. They can add the bells and whistles later, after they learn the basics.

As for TMP, i actually tell people to steer clear of it. I've been in SL almost 8 years and have most of the mesh bods on my models. TMP Style Hud is overly confusing. Also, since it calls the textures in from an outside server, it's laggier and, if the server is down, you're stuck with what you have on. Also, if TMP decides to close up shop, you're stuck with something that will no longer work unless they make it Omega compatible before they go. Even then, you'll be out money you've spent on the TMP clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Shennn wrote:

If you're looking to go the extra milestone, try The Shops, where
the skins are realistic
and you can demo the mesh heads and bodies there

Looks to me like Shennn was recommending the skins that are available at The Shops and also pointing out that one can demo the mesh heads and bodies while they're there. 

OP I can vouch that the skins available at The Shops ARE realistic looking and don't require a mesh body or head to wear.  I'm not sure of any premade shapes that would go well with them though as the shape I use is custom.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.