bought an outfit and doesnt fit my model

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

The outfit is for Toddleedoo Baby Kids mesh avatars.  If you have that avatar, contact the creator for help as it should fit..  If you don't, your out of luck I'm afraid because the ad was clear that was what it was for.

could they at least link to the mesh avatar its for ?? 

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

The outfit is for Toddleedoo Baby Kids mesh avatars.  If you have that avatar, contact the creator for help as it should fit..  If you don't, your out of luck I'm afraid because the ad was clear that was what it was for.

The creator of the outfit is not the creator of the toddledoo avatars, so providing a link to another creator's store is not something you will typically see. It is, however, mentioned in the ad itself that it is specifically for that avatar. That's very typical and what you will see in the majority of ads for items that are made for a specific avatar, or shape, etc..

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

The creator of the outfit is not the creator of the toddledoo avatars, so providing a link to another creator's store is not something you will typically see. It is, however, mentioned in the ad itself that it is specifically for that avatar. That's very typical and what you will see in the majority of ads for items that are made for a specific avatar, or shape, etc..

adblock+ i dont see ads

period

Splatulated wrote:

Possibly.  The Marketplace screen permits the merchant to specify what the item works with, the brand and the brand URL.

However, as with many of LL's dreamed up ideas, they consulted with a secret consortium of clueless merchants in this case who weren't capable of defining the right parameters for these new fields.

There's no bulk editing feature to update this URL across many listings for example, the item can only be specified as working with conflicting exclusive parameters.

I can understand merchants not wishing to trundle back through all their listings, fixing up things as mundane as a URL just because the scope of this work was poorly defined by those without a clue, only interested in self serving results.

LL thanks the merchants in this secret consortium for their input while the rest of the merchant community has to battle with their globally reaching incompetence.

However, the item was identified as working with a specific avatar and in the classic sentiment of LL...

Caveat Emptor!

Splatulated wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

adblock+ i dont see ads

period

I wasn't referring to ads as in advertisements from outside sources on the pages. I was referring to marketplace ads, aka item listings(which is what you linked to)

Syo Emerald wrote:

Its only 10L.....and if you can't be bothered to read before you buy then its not the merchands fault.

thats a lot for me considering paypal is hacked paypal company itself cant even make me a new account and im unwilling to get a credit card because i dont want monthly fees for something i will rarely use 

Splatulated wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Its only 10L.....and if you can't be bothered to read before you buy then its not the merchands fault.

thats a lot for me considering paypal is hacked paypal company itself cant even make me a new account and im unwilling to get a credit card because i dont want monthly fees for something i will rarely use 

Splatulated wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

If 10L is a lot for you, why do you spend it on products aimlessly and why don't you double-check before you buy something? I do that with every product, that is expensive for me (in SL and in RL). If you are for whatever reason unable to purchase Linden dollar, then I would watch out even more on what I would buy from the little I have.

C'mon people , everyone's experience is different and I'm sure we all remember the days when we didn't have L$.

However, it is important to check as Syo says, especially when funds are valuable.

I've always had a threshold for "dont care what it's like", "i hope it's good for this price" and "it had better be damn good"

Certainly for the last, I research first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.