avatar arms vanishing inside body when arms folded i cant see rhem

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The animation is probably set up for the animators idea of an 'average' avatar.  If you have large breasts then your arms will disappear into them.  There isn't anything you can do to fix this animation.  So you can just live with it or remove it from your AO.  

There are animations available for avatars with large breasts. You could replace your current animation with one similiar to it that fits your avatar better.

• Like 1

This means your animations are NOT motion capture, but hand-made...

And as such... they were made for an avatar with T-rex arms rather than normal arms. Normal arms... require an arm length dial of 90-100...

Hand made animations are often made for arms that are only half as long as the arms of a human body should be...

• Like 1

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

This means your animations are NOT motion capture, but hand-made...

And as such... they were made for an avatar with T-rex arms rather than normal arms. Normal arms... require an arm length dial of 90-100...

Hand made animations are often made for arms that are only half as long as the arms of a human body should be...

Doesn't need to be that way at all, rather the other way around. The animations are made for a taller avatar.

WIth a longer upper arm, the arms manage to strech outside the chest area. Shorter avatar will have issues with the arms sinking into the chest.

Having an avatar with RL proportions, i encounter this often.

• Like 1

Animations made with motion capture won't care how tall or short you are. If you have proper proportions - they will move as a human being more or less moves - plus/minus any flaws in SL rigging.

Handmade animations... will work somewhat whatever... If your shape's proportions are different from the makers, there will be issues.

Many SL avatars have a double problem are stretched height and short arms (anything below a 90 on arm length, will give a T-Rex anatomy, for many avatars, it needs to be ABOVE 100, which is of course not possible to do).

Your arms, spread out in a 'T' pose, from finger tip to finger, MUST be as long across as you are tall.

- So take a prim and make it the same as the distance from the bottom of your feet (when flat and bare, not heels) to the top of your head. Your height without hair...

Then just rotate that prim sideways and get in a 'T' pose... your arms MUST be that wide or they are... T-Rex shrunken.

So... if an animation was made by hand, it might have been made for an avatar that did not have long enough arms, so when used by someone with more proper arms, it folds in.

This is why I myself only use motion capture animations. Because my avatar has humanly possible proportions.

• 4 weeks later...

There's always a chance that it's not that great of an animation. But In general if you lengthen your arms, it will cause your upper arms to be longer which means our elbows will be farther out on your body when you fold your arms. Most female shapes will look fine with arm length all the way up to 100. (In fact, they could afford to go a little longer than 100, unfourtinately.)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.