an issue with fitted mesh breasts

francinella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I've decided that it's time to improve my avatar by adding a pair of fitted breasts . I've tried some demos and I've narrowed down the decision to vstring revolution "naturals" or "petites".  I'm quite pleased with the shape. 

However, there is a nasty detail that i've noticed when trying the demos:  sometimes the arms/hands are moving through the breasts.   Apparently the animations are not aware of the larger chest,   and the arms get moved through the breasts (as if they weren't there)  -   which looks really bad. 

Is this a known issue with the mesh breasts in general?   

If so, are there any solutions? (perhaps looking for new AO ... ?)

You haven't been long in SL have you?

This is not an issue with the mesh breasts, this is a general issue which has its source in how SL is designed. Unlike normal games there is no group of professionals who create the entire content, instead everyone can create everything. Person A makes mesh breasts, person B makes an AO and person C, D, E make completly different avatars with completely different sizes and shapes. In this an enviornment it is impossible to avoid such problems.

Its not a mesh problem and not a problem of the AO or this specific pair of breasts. You could have any kind of large attachment, I think even if you would turn up the sliders of the standart avatars shape this would happen. This is just how the world is. Your only solution is going to be finding an AO with less or no poses that involve your avatars hand to go up her chest.

francinella wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've decided that it's time to improve my avatar by adding a pair of fitted breasts . I've tried some demos and I've narrowed down the decision to vstring revolution "naturals" or "petites".  I'm quite pleased with the shape. 

However, there is a nasty detail that i've noticed when trying the demos:  sometimes the arms/hands are moving through the breasts.   Apparently the animations are not aware of the larger chest,   and the arms get moved through the breasts (as if they weren't there)  -   which looks really bad. 

Is this a known issue with the mesh breasts in general?   

If so, are there any solutions? (perhaps looking for new AO ... ?)

Animations only move the "bones" of an avatar and have no way of detecting the "skin". You can find AO's that are specifically designed to work with larger breasts - I know Tuty's has some.

I am indeed relatively new (i joined about 1 year ago) , but I understand that the items are created by different people and that noone guarantees that every object would fit with any others.  

So I'm not blaming the breasts ,  I just want to find out how are the others dealing with this problem : 

vstrings_demo.png 

Hm... it's true that the effect begins to be visible also with the standard avatar when increasing the bust to maximum. 

I'll buy the product , and afterwards I'll just be careful to use only animations that arent's bringing the hands close to the chest  ;)       

thanks for the feedback !

Yeah there's really no solution to that problem other than to get new AO animations.

I have a similar problem because I have normal arms rather than the very common T-Rex arms. Animations made in Poser instead of with motion capture will have my arms going through each other...

So I only use motion capture animations when I can.

But for a larger bosom - you'll just have to find animations made for that, or that don't put your arms in front of your chest.

(Or you could use a fitted mesh boob that is smaller - v-string petites, tatas, lolas delacq (delicq? desomething?), and a few others are smaller.)

This is one of the assorted reasons why I've yet to get this kind of attachment for my 'main' account.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.