Why do i have 2 pairs of feet? =)

MissKeeter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all! Total noob here. I am wearing slink Med feet but i noticed that when i wear an alpha my old feet come through and i have two feet! Almost all of my clothing have alphas and i cant wear any of them. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, since im bothering you with questions =) I bought a dress that came with different textues in the file. Can i change the color (no HUD) within second life?

Thanks so much in advanced! And i apologize if something doesnt make sense here, i am very new to this. 

As for the feet, when you are applying multiple alphas to your avatar, you will have to "add" them rather than just "wear". When you "wear" a new alpha layer, it will detach all of the others to apply itself.

To "add" this alpha, simply right click on the alpha layer that you want to add, and select "add". 

For your dress, try right clicking on the dress and select "edit" on the pie menu.

When this brings up "build" mode, go to the "textures" tab.

From there, you will see the texture that is applied and you can try to add the new color to the dress by clicking the color box that is right above it. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! I have the two feet thing fixed. Hard to imagine i spent so much time trying to figure out something so easy lol. Cant get the texture thing working though. I dont have a pie but when i left click i get a menu with "edit my outfit" when i click on that it seems i can only edit the alphas, it doesnt give me an option to edit the dress. Im sure im overlooking something. Ill play around a bit and see whats up.

Again, thank you so much, you have been so helpful.

Ohhh I thought that you were refering to a mesh dress! In that case, you would do as you said; edit outfit. 

If you hover your cursor over the item in the menu that you want to edit, you will see a "wrench" icon beside the editable things, and a "padlock" icon beside the no-modify items. If there is no wrench, the colors cannot be changed, unfortunately. :(

Glad the alphas worked out for you though!

Hmmm. Still not working for some reason. Im sure it should since it comes with all of the different colors and said so in the description. When i go to edit outfit i get a menu that has three pull downs. One for Clothing, one for attachments and one for body parts. Some items in clothing (which are my alphas) have the wrench, some items in body parts have the wrench but nothing in attachments has one and thats where my dress is. I guess its not doable.

Thank you so much again for your help! I really appriciate it.

I'm having a different kind of problem related to feet on my viewer, slink feet of other avatars show up near their calves and they are static even though the avatar is moving, its also happened a couple of times with other avatars mesh clothes, they are away from the avatar in a worn position like worn by an invisible avatar but static while the avatar is moving around with alpha areas where the clothing should have been. Today it happened with my avatar for the first time, I wasnt even wearing anything mesh or slink and my sandals were near waist level some distance from the body and again static as my av moved aroind on its animation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.