Which start up is better.

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i've been out of SL for a while and was originally on Firefox (I think). But when I came to load up I couldn't on my original. I don't like the Second Life load up. I have one now (might be firefox - sorry but I take meds that mess my memory up. I've tried working it but I just can't find my way round it. Is there a less confusing but fantastic sign up company. I need to be able to use one that my collar is able with, I'm sorry if I sound confused, but I am.

If you are referring to a viewer, the official SL viewer does not support RLV, which you need for your collar.  Firestorm does however.  It also has a choice of user interfaces.  If you are used to the 'old' SL viewer 1 then the phoenix UI is the one you probably want to use.

There are other Third Party Viewers out there too.  Here is a directory of certified viewers that will work with SL.

You don't need a browser to use SL.  You download one of the viewers and log into that.

Firefox? Firefox is a browser not a viewer. Firestorm is a viewer (viewer = "load up"?). Why aren't you able to download and use Firestorm anymore? Do you get an error message? And have you checked if your computer meets the system requirements for SL in general?

Thanks for your help everyone and I may have called it Firefox rather than Firestorm. I blame my age, I guess I'm going to have to keep trying it out. I liked the Phoenix. It'll take me a little while to get used to finding things on it but again, thanks for any and all your help.

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

Thanks for your help everyone and I may have called it Firefox rather than Firestorm. I blame my age, I guess I'm going to have to keep trying it out. I liked the Phoenix. It'll take me a little while to get used to finding things on it but again, thanks for any and all your help.

Don't invest any time in using Phoenix, it won't work properly after server-side baking is implemented and there are currently no plans to update it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4016 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.