What's the meaning of Dk, Lt, C and F in skins?

FluffyDove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm new in SL and I want to ask a question. I have this skin that comes up with variations, each is marked with different letters or combination of letters such as "skin base (Dk)" or "skin base (Lt)" or "skin base (Lt/C/F)" and so on. What's actually the meaning of the letters "Dk," "Lt," "C" and "F"?

Thanks,

Tara

Some people's idea of 'dark' is the tone of an Anglo from the UK...

Some people's idea of light is the tone of an Ashanti from Nigeria...

C could also stand for Caucasian, or Curvy, or Cute, or whatever.

F could stand for female. But 'Freckles' could also just be 3 little dots on the tip of the nose you'll only see if you look at it from the left on Tuesday.

a lot depends on the creator..but most times it is something added to the skin..like some have hairbase..that will be usually HB

CLV is usually for cleavedge..things like that..most times they will have a note card or on the vender add what the skins come with..so you can usually see what they would mean from one of those things..

Dk and Lt  most probably mean dark and light in regards to eyebrows, Dark brows woud match darker hair colours, whereas light would go with blond.

I am guessing  means cleavage, some designers put extra shading around that area so you look more or less busty. Here is and example (all 3 skins are worn on the same shape)

Skin demos4 a.png

F most likely means freckles  

Your best bet is to IM the creator and ask; I've had some where C was cleavage- there were varying degrees of cleavage like an "MC" too- and F meant freckles.  Sometimes the abbreviations can refer to whether or not the skin has pubic hair.  I've had some confusion over this kind of thing as well; with the obligatory "thanks and no return" nc that seems to come with every purchase nowadays it seems they might could include a key for their own personal shorthand, amirite? ;D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.