The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@ Umcommon.. your pictures are just so hauntingly beautiful.. You avi is a knock out :matte-motes-little-laugh:

@ Neal.. I love yours! they are so cute and romantic ...and very imaginative too

Relaxing on the porch_001.jpg

... after a long day working on my land.. turning it into a backwoods swamp..ppheeewww.. ! :matte-motes-sing: Got to watch out for the gators now!

• Like 2

Fitted mesh body for men! Finally something good to look at for us poor women.

14624613233_5e7fd95dae_z.jpg

Compared to the default shape, this is more lean and the mesh is much more smooth. Nice knees, finally!

No editing below here, the top image has the levels adjusted a bit.

14417927338_9d70cd21f9_z.jpg

PS. Default shape is to the right in case you can't tell.... :D

Edited to add credits. I am not so good to come back and read questions.... 

Fitted Mesh body Anthony (The Mens Dept July 2014)
Default sl head with Birth Reese skin
Ears: Mandala
Hair: Argrace
Necklace: Kosh
Watch: Bukka (Discontinued, I think)
Swimming trunks: Fatewear

Life in the forum feeling a heart beat :).  

wow some nice shots.  Well done Sara.

Mairanne tried that shape.  Dude is soooooo skinny had to beef up a ton. lol  Not bad though.

An eclectic shot I did.  Been makng face tattoos all week.  This one is all checkers lol.

Chcker play.png

It is only the updates that's sent out today. It was totally crazy in group chat. It was 600 members inworld and all clicked their updaters the same time. It is 4000 members in the group so I suppose tomorrow is going to be the same. Lots of complaints and IMs to the store owner, I think that is why she can't start selling before stuff calm down a bit. People don't find their updaters. Or they use the old one that don't work... they click it every third second in 20 minutes... and of course, some don't like the small changes that's made on the shape. And every 2 minutes new people log in and ask all the same questions.:matte-motes-not-even:

It is said that the vendor for new sales will be up in 1-2 days. It is also said that Wowmeh is only going to be sold inworld, not on the MP. But information isn't so good, I can not be sure of the MP bit. I think the sim is going to crash hard several times when the vendor is set up. I hope she set up more than one vendor. 

An update on the Wowmeh situation: Baby Ghosn, the creator of Wowmeh, got her account hacked and it's now on hold by LL. She could log in on an alt, but she is very upset. Since her products can now be made full permissions by the hacker and spread around. It is a very terrrible situation for a designer to be in. Hope LL can help her recover her account as soon as possible and track down things that was transferred... but it is LL.

This is awful; she's having no luck at all recently. With the release of the update I had hopes that the body would be back on the market. With any luck that'd give skin and clothes creators some confidence in it and see more appliers released.. I love the shape but I'm still struggling against the relative lack of variety in clothing, especially as some of my favourite designers are yet to support it.

I have the WowMeh body and while I love the look of it, there are still flaws I can't get past.  For the life of me I can't get the neck blender to look right and it looks like I just set my head on top of this body :)

And also, which is a big deal for me, I have so many mesh clothes and even system clothes that I cannot wear.  The WowMeh alpha leaves a lot to be desired and, hell, I miss all my clothes.  Forget asking for any help in the group chat because it is nuts in there ;) 

If anyone knows any workarounds on the alpha issue please let me know because I would love to use the body again :)

Saraya Starr wrote:

I have the WowMeh body and while I love the look of it, there are still flaws I can't get past.  For the life of me I can't get the neck blender to look right and it looks like I just set my head on top of this body
:)

And also, which is a big deal for me, I have so many mesh clothes and even system clothes that I cannot wear.  The WowMeh alpha leaves a lot to be desired and, hell, I miss all my clothes.  Forget asking for any help in the group chat because it is nuts in there
;)

If anyone knows any workarounds on the alpha issue please let me know because I would love to use the body again
:)

This might be crazy but i wonder if the guy mesh body alpha can work wiht her shape?  That shape has a ton of alpha spots.  Probobly not was jsut curious lol.

You got the latest update, or is it all closed now?

I think I saw a much better Slink fit with it. Well, not the underside of the wrist. i used the same appliers as I had on the previous version, the 3.1. 

Hmm, now I have both Wowmeh and Physique from Slink. I wish I had Wowmeh hips on Physique, lol. I even bought Physique for an alt. I need to get things while it is new, I am terrible to wait. I have spent so much on mesh parts that's not necessary anymore. Tangos, Puffy, phatazz, cute azz... and 3 moore boobs I don't remember in fitted mesh. ;) But the amount of work and all the grief and abuse SL designers risk... I feel that they need some positive feedback and a few §L.

For the clothes, I adjust the shape and use alphas. If a pair of shorts don't have just the right alpha, I take in saddle bags, butt size and such until it fits. Or increase a size.

Mesh bodies is more work to dress, it works best in beachwear and lingerie. I wish I had the mesh feet from Slink in fitted mesh, and the full length up to under the butt, so I could have pretty knees in shorts and skirts.

This is a link to an article about the Slink Physique HUD. http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2014/06/slink-physique-alpha-hud.html

As you can see it is many options, but it is never enough alpha layers. Some shape adjustment is often necessary. Wowmeh has a lot of alpha options too, more on the legs than Physique. But you can't turn off just one leg or arm, both sides are alpha'ed out.

Marianne Little wrote:

You got the latest update, or is it all closed now?

I think I saw a much better Slink fit with it. Well, not the underside of the wrist. i used the same appliers as I had on the previous version, the 3.1. 

Hmm, now I have both Wowmeh and Physique from Slink. I wish I had Wowmeh hips on Physique, lol. I even bought Physique for an alt. I need to get things while it is new, I am terrible to wait. I have spent so much on mesh parts that's not necessary anymore. Tangos, Puffy, phatazz, cute azz... and 3 moore boobs I don't remember in fitted mesh.
;)
But the amount of work and all the grief and abuse SL designers risk... I feel that they need some positive feedback and a few §L.

For the clothes, I adjust the shape and use alphas. If a pair of shorts don't have just the right alpha, I take in saddle bags, butt size and such until it fits. Or increase a size.

Mesh bodies is more work to dress, it works best in beachwear and lingerie. I wish I had the mesh feet from Slink in fitted mesh, and the full length up to under the butt, so I could have pretty knees in shorts and skirts.

Yes, I got the latest update and honestly to me the neck problem seems even more noticeable, a very marked line with this version.   No matter how I adjust my shape I cannot get the alpha with WowMeh to work, if only I could use the alphas that came with my clothes... :(  One silver lining is that my slink hands and feet fit much better.

Or perhaps it is my shape altogether, my avie is not slim, I have her very curvy with a decent amount of body fat.  I just hate making her extremely slim to fit into nice Mesh clothing.

Try a Physique demo? The neck there has a better fit. The alpha is tiny but on top there is  row of tiny boxes. The third from left is for bodyfat 25. I use it with bodyfat 22 on my alt and I think the fit is great. I don't remember how high up the number goes. There will always be a line in some lights though, I will not lie. 

Physique is really thin. I hated that shape at first try. But the trick for me was bodyfat up and muscle down. On the default shape it was the other way around. With this, I fit standard sizing M! Imagine that. I have the boob size down to 50 because the fat makes them a bit larger too. What size fits your default shape best? L?

I've played around with the Physique demo and I just can't make it work for me. I've gotten too used to being overly curvy so that shape makes me seem like a stick figure no matter how I change the sliders around :\

Does anyone know why you can't post pictures to flickr directly from firestorm anymore? I saw something about it being broken so I know it isn't just me, but is it only that viewer or can you not upload directly from SL at all now?

My pic that I couldn't send off to flickr :(

Snapshot_043.png

Thank you Marianne <3 Yea your ava looks amazingly soft and feminine, way better than I was able to make the Slink one look. 

Thanks Neal :) I guess if I want flickr back in my SL I'd have to use the official viewer, and I just can't make myself like it enough to go there :\   

Great wolf look btw :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.