Sorry for the category !! PLEASE HELP ME- stolen money- not my fault-banned for doing nothing

AllisonnArgent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So there's this guy I trusted and he was a fake. He had stolen money and hired me and a friend to be the managers of his club. We hired and everything was alright till pay day, he gave me 5k - stolen money, I had no idea, and all of a sudden i login the next day and it says my account is on administrative hold. Now- why is it our fault that he paid us?!  How was i supposed to know that he paid us stolen L? Me, a DJ  and the owner who started the business got banned and the other manager still has the account. Another DJ has - 900 on his account and it's getting more as time passes. We are only the victims of a fraud, why did LL close our accounts, they didn;t even tell me why, they only said i violated the TOS. And if they have the right to close the accounts that got stolen L, ( I never had the chance to spend the L) why did they close only mine and his ?!! The other staff got paid too! LL  won't  even want to listen to me! I cant call LL because the number doesnt work in my country on none of my phones. Their support is not effective and doesnt help anyone. This is my 4th banned account ( First one got banned for doing nothing, the second for using my credit card - LOL and the third because I received  gifts bought with stolen L from a person I dont know ).

Please help me... I am unable to do anything... I tried everything and they said my acc will be permanently closed. Why that and why only me  and the DJ? I dont want to start all over again and in 2 months be banned again. Maybe i have some spelling mistakes but that is only because I'm not american or english. Thank you in advance anyone who replies and helps to sort this out.

You say this is your fourth banned account.  I don't believe you were banned this number of times and were completely innocent each time as you claim.  Once you are banned you are not allowed to create an account to get around a ban, per the TOS.  If LL finds that you have, that account gets banned too.  So if you are banned it wasn't over the money necessarily but because you broke the TOS by creating another account. LL will continue to ban any account you create when they find out about it and may eventually put a ban on your computer so you are unable to create another account.

Section 5 of the TOS:

5.2 We may terminate your Accounts for violation of this Agreement.

Linden Lab may suspend or terminate your Account if you violate this Agreement, along with any or all other Accounts held by you or otherwise related to you, as determined by Linden Lab in its discretion, and your violation of this Agreement shall be deemed to apply to all such Accounts. Upon termination of your Accounts, this Agreement between us will be automatically terminated and you may not re-subscribe or return to the Service through other or future Accounts you or others may set up.

I did, and they only said that I have violated the TOS.  And they said it's permanently closed. And to the other person who replied, I am innocent I havent done any copybots just received stolen money from people. Where is my fault in that ?! And no, no petition, but maybe you can help me ...Like

1. Give me a resident name who's in the support staff i can contact because they wont listen to me through the ticket

OR

2. Share your experience and tell me what you said to them to give you the account back.

OR

3. Contact me inworld to tell you the 3rd option

AllisonnArgent wrote:

I did, and they only said that I have violated the TOS.  And they said it's permanently closed. And to the other person who replied, I am innocent I havent done any copybots just received stolen money from people. Where is my fault in that ?! And no, no petition, but maybe you can help me ...Like

1. Give me a resident name who's in the support staff i can contact because they wont listen to me through the ticket

OR

2. Share your experience and tell me what you said to them to give you the account back.

OR

3. Contact me inworld to tell you the 3rd option

10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION

AllisonnArgent wrote:

Nevermind, understood. But this is ridiculous- hiring someone a judge or lawyer for a game ????

You can write to them.

It may not need to go so far as getting a judge/lawyer involved.

You asked who you could possibly contact.  This is a way.

Aethelwine wrote:

how can you be contacted inworld if you are permanently banned?

That is the BIG problem she has.

After being banned the first time she made a new acccount, something that is a strict violation.

This could in whole or in part be related to her subsequent bans.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.