So I tried changing into a pikachu

Flavur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Check the folder it came in for an alpha mask. You'll need to wear one to hide the original SL body that's poking throught the pikachu body.

If you unpacked the avatar from a box, it's possible you didn't wait long enough for everything to unpack. It's also possible (but unlikely) that the creator forgot or neglected to include one. There are full-body alphas in the Inventory Library labelled as "invisible avatar" which could be worth a try.

eta: It could also be an old avatar that pre-dates alpha masks, and uses an old method of hiding the body called 'invisprims'. A full-body alpha should still solve the problem. 

The picture looks like a pikachu to me, so I'm not sure what you're expecting to see when you click on the mouth. If it's meant to have options for an open mouth, there might be other parts of the avatar you need to add. I've never seen this av before, so I can't comment as to exactly how it should look. You might be better IMing the creator for help, or speaking to someone with the same av.

Flavur wrote:

I've gotten this far,

but now I can't get the mouth to appear? 

whenever I click on the mouth nothing happens.

any ideas?

Edit: 

Front view

Do you know for sure that this pikachu avatar comes with a mouth? Or do you know for sure, that clicking it will do anything? (because both, having a mouth and doing something when clicked) are not natural given things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.