Honored Resident
Aria Repine

Set of "Standard Size" Mesh shapes?

Posting this question here, and in the 'your avatar' section of the forum (as i wasnt sure which would fit it better).

But.. Any Rigged Mesh designers out there know were i can get my hands on some free/demo shapes that match the "Standard Sizing" thing you guys are useing to make the newer Mesh outfits? (so that they all fit the same =P).

Im thinking about tweaking my Avi's shape so she can fit a specific size in that 'standard' grouping that is being used alot lately.  Would be easier if i had a copy of whatever template shapes it is you guys are useing to make the rigged mesh outfits with.

So... any pointers on were to find them? Or anyone have a set they can give out?

Thanks for any reply's

Ariel Vuissent

Re: Set of "Standard Size" Mesh shapes?

Reply to Aria Repine - view message

Here is a marketplace link to a set of free standard size shapes for both male and female. Plus, in the description are the relevant body measurements to adjust your own shape to, all written out for you.

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" --Lewis Carroll , "Alice in Wonderland"

Honored Resident
Aria Repine

Thanks much!... i tried doing a search on SLX earlier for...

Reply to Ariel Vuissent - view message

Thanks much!... i tried doing a search on SLX earlier for it.. but kept comming up with 'for sale' shapes from stores and such... could never find the template ones!

Ariel Vuissent

Re: Thanks much!... i tried doing a search on SLX earlier for...

You're welcome! I found it very easy to adjust my avatar shape to the standard sizes without even having adjust much more than a few points for any of the sliders. I knew I'd seen it on there because that's where I found it to adjust my avi!

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" --Lewis Carroll , "Alice in Wonderland"

Honored Resident
Aria Repine

Re: Thanks much!... i tried doing a search on SLX earlier for...

Reply to Ariel Vuissent - view message

Yea, i was able to fit almost everything with only minor changes (like breast boyancy), but i kept getitng 'gaps' at the hips and rear... and no ammount of tinkering would fix it.  Decided to just find the templates and do the slight tweaking it needed heh.

Was interesting, my normal shape (pre-template fix) had me wearing S tops, and XS bottoms :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Innula Zenovka

I suspect you'll find that standard sizes are, in fact, anything but, and vary from designer to designer.

I've given up using them as anything other than a general indication of size.  That is, I know that my normal shape is reasonably close to designer A's "Medium", designer B's "Small" and designer C's "Extra Small".    If necessary, and if I like the designer's work enough to make it seem likely I'll buy several pieces, I tweak my normal shape a little bit and save it as "Designer A Medium" or "Designer B Small" or whatever.   That has the great advantage that I don't have to spend ages redoing the face, which I would have to do on a completely new shape.

Honored Resident
Aria Repine

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I suspect you'll find that standard sizes are, in fact, anything but, and vary from designer to designer.

Well yea.. some designers you have to do that.  But there's 4 stores i get mesh outfits from that all use the same templates that were linked in this thread.  So they all fit the same.

SID Riler

I agree sizes depend on designers, but it is true I have to always tweak mine a little depending on what I use, I sometimes keep a shape for pants and a shape for dresses, as I prefer my dress shape to have more hips, and my pants shapes to be smaller, but it all depends on how you like to do it

Innula Zenovka

Aria Repine wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Well yea.. some designers you have to do that.  But there's 4 stores i get mesh outfits from that all use the same templates that were linked in this thread.  So they all fit the same.

That's good that they do.   Certainly though, some of my favourite stores' mesh clothes quite simply do not fit any of the standard size shapes they purport to be.     

That doesn't worry me; I would still, I think, rather adjust my own shape to fit the mesh that's the closest size, rather than use a standard size shape and then change the face to match my own, since that's far less work.

Ariel Vuissent

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

That's what I like about the shapes available on the marketplace. I didn't even have to "buy" the shapes and try to figure it out myself, or clutter up my inventory with stuff I'd never use just to get the shape values; they have them right on that marketplace page, a full list of important values for all 5 standard sizes for both genders. I just copied and pasted those to a notecard for ease of access, then looked at my avatar shape and chose the values for the closest size, adjusting my avatar shape to the mesh "standards."