Separation line on my avatar's neck

Sadkiel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings guys. I hope that some experts here could help me. I noticed this issue lately which I don't know what could possibly be causing it.

So, I have this line on my avatar's neck, I noticed  after using some full body tattoos. As you can see in these pictures. It doesn't matter which tattoo or which shape I use, it's visible with anything.

line.jpg

line2.jpg

I don't know how to fix it. Also as you can see, anything under that line is worse quality. The tattos become blurry.

It happens with any shape or tatto. Any idea of what could possibly be causing this? Thank you'all. I hope you can help me.

Sadkiel wrote:

Greetings guys. I hope that some experts here could help me. I noticed this issue lately which I don't know what could possibly be causing it.

So, I have this line on my avatar's neck, I noticed  after using some full body tattoos. As you can see in these pictures. It doesn't matter which tattoo or which shape I use, it's visible with anything.

line.jpg

line2.jpg

I don't know how to fix it. Also as you can see, anything under that line is worse quality. The tattos become blurry.

It happens with any shape or tatto. Any idea of what could possibly be causing this? Thank you'all. I hope you can help me.

It's a problem with the basic structure of the avatar in SL. That neck join is the border between separate textures. The avatar "skin" consists of three separate textures - one for the head, one for the torso from the waist up, and one from the waist down. Anything that crosses from one of these textures to another needs to be matched very carefully or you'll see a joint like that. It's worse between the head and upper body because they're both 512 x 512 pixel textures but the head texture is on a much smaller area, giving it a higher effective resolution. That's why the tattoo is blurrier on the upper body than it is on the upper portion of the neck, which uses the head texture..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.