Second life hacks that make me want to blow my brains out!!!

AzuNyaan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please help!!!! Okay, whenever I log on I look for people to hang with, every once in a while I come across that one JERKFACE that somehow has the ability to lift my avatar up and throw them as far as the SL camara can follow infinitely into the simulated blue skies! How the f*uck is this even possible!!?!?!?! Or they will push my avatar far into the distance, or even pick up my avatar like an object and walk around with it!! It pisses me off!!!

The worst part is that people act like it doesn't exist!!! Everyone seems to be able to do it except me!! How?! No matter how much I look this up no one seems to even know anything about it!! What the f*ck is even going on, and how the hell to I do it back or stop them com doing it?

(How I got so mad) I went to this beach, the only lady in sight was walking to a chair just before she sat in it, so I checked her profile, she want the owner of the land or anything just a regular person, so I went up to her and said hi then her hand flings in my direction (as of clicking on me, and those string of little white balls leading to whatever a person or thing you click on a person in firestorm) then with those still in action I'm tossed waaaaay in the sky, then I fall allllll the way back down, when my avi gets up she dos it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, untill I decide to teleport out. >:(

What was she doing?? Ho can I do/stop it?? Have any experience with it??? Why does the entire scone life forum pretend it doesn't exist!? Please help!!!!!

Hello, I don't have much experience with this. I think it happens in just some places in SL, and I have been lucky. 

I know about one HUD, it is here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MystiTool-HUD-Making-your-second-life-easier/136332

And it is also a FREE version to try out. Scroll down to "See item in Second Life" teleport there and on a shelf inside the store, you find the free version. I think it has the shield. You will have to read the notecard to find all the information. I own this HUD but I don't use it much so I have forget all about the instructions. I assume it is too late to turn it on when you already are orbited. I would turn it on when going new places and then turn it off if the place looks safe (clubs with staff that control griefers).

Also, you can file an Abuse Report. Some say it don't work, but at least you do something. The process it here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Edited to add: If you use offensive ways to deal with it, you are in danger of beeing reported yourself. Forget attacks. Griefers usually have many friends and they will gang up and Abuse Report you (AR) leaving out the part that they targeted you first. LL punish the one that get several ARs filed against them in a short time, before they respond to a single AR. So passive protection like a shield, sitting on objects, teleporting out, filing an AR, is the best way of behavior. 

I've been in SL since 2006, and can honestly say I haven't encountered attacks like this since early 2007.

Want to know how?   It's simple, really .... I just don't frequent sims where this behavior is tolerated.

The land owner can turn off "pushing" if they want to.   Apparently they don't choose to do so on that beach you're being griefed at.

There are a lot of beaches in SL.   Go find a more friendly one!

Marianne gave you some excellent advice, but for me it's better to just avoid the problem all together.  I certainly wouldn't wear a shield, since that itself can trigger an eject or ban in certain sims I visit.   (It may not be an issue where you go.)

This type of griefing doesn't happen in most places. The best defense is to simply sit on something. If you go to many of the places where this occurs you will see a lot of people sitting. You can get HUDs with shields, but really grabbing a seat is far more effective. The next most effective thing is to just leave.

If your hoping to learn to do this yourself I am afraid I won't be able to help you there.

What happened isn't pushing, exactly. It's called orbiting. The players that do it are using a tool that allows them to "push" a player a good distance. It's right up there with the cagers that put a cage around you. Both are griefing tools. If you really want to go where they are being used, you can sit on anything, including the ground, or use your movelock and you can't be orbited.

Good luck.

Welcome to Second Life Forums.

"Second Life hacks that make me want to blow my brains out!!!"

A wee bit over-dramatic don't you think?  

"Hacks" ?!  Not really.

I have a device, a HUD, which I bought wayyyy back in 2008 that does all kinds of things, from teleporting, to providing a shield to protect my avatar from being pushed when I don't want to be pushed. This device also includes "griefer" tools, such as orbit, cage, (yawning now I am - oh, and talking like Yoda!!!) BUT they're only griefer tools when in the hands of griefers, otherwise they can be used quite wonderfully to quickly extract intruders from, say, rented apartments, or to play siwwy wickle jokeys on buddies who happen along.  

Old stuff now, so my friends usually get me before I get them :D

Embrace the fun, or AR the heck out of people who do this to you without your permission (check that you haven't landed in a roleplay/weapons testing zone too - these places exist, and these "griefer" tools (hacks!!!) are used liberally and legitimately.

I think though, someone is having massive fun with you, because you are very easy to wind up. As they say in "Demolition Man" ... "Enhance your calm" and "Be well". 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3531 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.