Purchased a bunch of items on the browser. Now i cant find them..

XxBIONICxX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So after about 30 minutes of looking through the shops via the web browser,  I ended up making one big purchase (which i charged to paypal) Problem is, I cant find any of the items i bought. I know im supposed to unbox them at a sandbox. The thing is, when i look in my inventorys, None of the new items i bought are there. Im really confused, and my paypal was already charged. Anyone have an idea of whats going on?

Welcome to purchasing on the Marketplace.

This is normal, up to 8 hours even for an electronic delivery is considered an acceptable time to wait (by LL).  Believe me, merchants have begged for this to be changed but no.

After 24 hours, check again, contact the merchant or send a support ticket to LL for Marketplace non delivery.

To add to Sassy's comment, they say you no longer have to be in world when you purchase as it will queue it until you log in however, that does not always work so it's still best to be in world when you hit that buy button.

BTW, if you want, you don't have to use a sandbox you can use my store if you need to unpack boxes (The SURL link is on my MP store). It's a lot more private and far less hassles.  I allow rezzing and have auto return on where I welcome people to come to my sim if they need to unbox anything.  Many RP sims have the same but I don't have the lag issues.

The MP delivery system is poor to say the least. Most merchants hate it and would love to see it improved, as a matter of urgency. However, LL don't seem to see it as a problem. Fact is buyers don't blame or contact LL, they IM the merchant and ask, "why the hell have I not got my item from you?". I will always be happy to send the item again as most merchants will (assuming its not transferable). But at the end of the day only a small percentage of people contact LL so thats why LL don't see it as a problem. We merchants do their job for them and take the blame for the borked system.

I would say to buyers and merchants... complain to LL, sure send the item to the customer. But ask the customer to put a ticket in and you do too. When they get all these tickets they may decide it is a PROBLEM.

Legend Hye

Legend Hye wrote:

The MP delivery system is poor to say the least. Most merchants hate it and would love to see it improved, as a matter of urgency. However, LL don't seem to see it as a problem.

Well to be fair, LL do recognise it as a problem which is why the Direct Delivery project is a priority, right behind the Facebook "Like this!" button which happened first.

I'd be happy if they just reduced the 8 hour wait to 15 minutes max but no, we don't get that simple and effective change either.

Yes, I am afraid many do. 

Quite often they will do a review without even contacting you. Which for many of us means we will not even see they didn't get it until days, weeks or even months  later as now we do not get informed when a review is made. If I see a review like that I will contact them and explain and give them a copy of the item, but only about 50% of people respond back and no one ever changes the review. You of course flag the review. Its now takes less than 24 hours to get the review removed, so it has improved.

Legend Hye

I had one like this the other day. I was resorting Christmas items and adding new stuff. I was gobsmacked when I noticed a good quality big seller ( at Christmas ) had a one star review..written in German from February!.I translated it and it said that the item was not delivered.

I checked the account and it seemed still active so I manually sent the item and a full refund. I flagged The review, checked just now because of this thread and the review is gone.

I have yet to hear from the punter ,who can blame them.

Glad to be of help :)

Its always a good idea to look thru your item ratings on a regular basis. Having a product with a 1 star review will affect its sales, although if you are an experienced MPer you will choose to ignore such ratings. None the less having a bad review of any kind unless there is a good reason (in which case, I want to know so I can correct it) is something I hate to have.

Legend Hye 

Sassy Romano wrote:

*Coughs*

Golden rule of shopping on Marketplace... look at the pretty picture, then click the "See item in Second Life" link to buy inworld.
:)

lol:smileyvery-happy: Even better, but sometimes people can browse the MP but cannot go inworld. Like me when I'm shopping during (*coughs, coughs*) working hours....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.