Poses & Fake Nails

kholek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought some fake nails that I attach to my avatar's hands, but with certain poses, like clenching my fist, the nails float and aren't on my fingers. Is there a different place I could attach the nails? Right now they are attached to my Left and Right Hands.

You wore them correctly :D. It is a long time issue.

One option is to use mesh hands. There is a very obvious leader of sales of those but I am not sure we are supposed to mentions brands in this forum (I get confused on which rules go with what).

If you look up nails in the Marketplace you will figure it out easily. There have been a few sets of hands that came with different  shapes like pointing and such. Not sure the "name brand" one have that. I don't have them :D.

Try a demo and see if you like them better.

kholek wrote: [...] 
Is there a different place I could attach the nails?

Nope; for it to work the way you want, each fingertip would need to have its own attachment point. And they don't, there's only one for each hand as a whole, so that things like gloves will usually follow wrist movements, but anything more specific and finger-bound will always look misplaced when using most hand gestures.

I had this problem and it happened under two different circumstances for me.

First, it happened with ones (nails) that I bought from a certain creator/store but then I purchased some other nails from 2 other different creators/stores & it has not happened with those other purchases. So, in that case I can say that it was the "quality" of the the first item. I'm curious to know the place where you bought them but we can't mention that here.

Another thing that caused it was when my avatar's hands would get stuck in that wierd animation when they look like the hands are stiff and fingers are spread out. It's like the avatar is having an AO conflict. I used to have this happen if I used certain pose stands while wearing my old AO. I have a new AO now and I no longer have that issue. But when I did, I would go into preferrences and choose "stop animations"

I know you said that it happens when the hands are clenched in a fist but it could be a similar issue to what happened to me. First try "stopping animations" and see what occurs when your avatar resumes moving with your regular AO.

Then try a different AO.

The next thing you could do, is try a different pair of nails from another creator/store.

You can try all this to see if anything can be ruled out.

Also, make sure you choose WEAR or ADD, so they attach to the intended default area. I have found that choosing ATTACH and then picking a body part can mess up postions of objects worn on the avatar.

For Referrence: I don't have mesh hands and I no longer have this issue now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.