Orange Cloud With Firestorm Viewer

Dannekoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying everything to get my avatar working again but NOTHING is working. Even went as far as to completely remove Firestorm viewer from my comp, that means uininstalling and deleting the data in AppData.

I have:-

Rebaked Textures

Tex Refresh

Teleported to various different areas.

Cleared the cache not only on secondlife but on my own modem too.

I've even left it running for ages to see if anything happens but nothing does.

The only thing I haven't yet tried is testing my charatcer under the advanced menu, that's because that option is not there at all, despite everyone saying it is.

Has anyone got any idea how to fix this problem? I'm using Firestorm release 4.6.1.40478, and also it's having the same problem on the official secondlife viewer. Seriously what the hell do I do?

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Dannekoon

This problem occurs often because of interruptions in your internet connection.

Ensure you are not using a wireless connection to minimise the chance of this happening.

And please read carefully and slowly the following link, working throught methodically from top to bottom the advice given in it.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix:bake_fail

Character Test can be found usually in your Advanced Menu at the top of the screen of whatever viewer you are using. To bring up the Advanced Menu onto your screen though, you do need to click on "Ctrl" "Alt" and "D" all at the same time. 

Thanks for the reply. everything seems to be okay now. I just simply messed around with different avatars and eventually it rendered.

Yeah I am using wireless and my internet has been very poor lately so I'm going to pinpoint that as the main issue. I tried both the secondlife and firestorm viewer and had the same problem.

Thanks for the help :)

You're welcome, Dannekoon.

Sometimes just simply transferring a bald base onto an avatar can force the avatar to render, other times it can be something more involved, but usually it is because of internet connection - and most of us have had the same problem at one time or another.

Keep the bake fail fix close to hand though, just in case you need it.

And best wishes to you.

In my experience, wifi hookups vary widely in quality from router to router.  I have two in my home, the wifi modem from my ISP is unusable for SL, so I have my own router hard wired to the ISP's and get flawless wifi.  When I am on the road, sometimes wifi works, more often it has issues.  Including orange clouds.

The main diagnostic that works for me is packet loss, you can see how you are doing in SL from the help>about menu.  That makes a nice report, the last line is packet loss.  Anything over about 1% will produce noticable lag.  Orange clouds when the packet loss is in the 5 - 10 % range.

If you are stuck with such a connection, you may see some improvement if you dial your maximum bandwidth down below 500kbps, set graphics to low, and a use small draw distance.

good luck.

Usually if you're stuck as a cloud for a while it means it's still loading up your inventory. If you open your inventory and  type in a letter in the search box, it'll help speed things up usually. You should pop back to your regular avatar once everything from your inventory is loaded, but sometimes it doesn't work, plus you said you tried waiting forever already. But sometimes when that happens to me, what helps is if you open your outfits panel and right-click one of them and click replace current outfit. It's worked for me every time I've done it, so maybe it's worth a shot. Wait until your inventory is done being loaded though before you try it.

• 11 months later...

Sorry, but Internet connection has nothing to do with this problem. It is Firestorm problem ONLY, because I can log in

without any issue with SL vewer and with Singularity as well - no problem !

Only Firestorme doesnt work :((

textures are not charget at all, no any TP, impossible to open any Inventory folder -  nothing

• 3 years later...

Your avi has certain essential items,  I do not remember what they are, one of them are the eyes, if any of these ends up being missing,  the avi will never load. I had this happen to me once I tried all  sorts of things, when i figured out i was  missing an essential  part, I added that and poof there i was. 

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Your avi has certain essential items,  I do not remember what they are, one of them are the eyes, if any of these ends up being missing,  the avi will never load. I had this happen to me once I tried all  sorts of things, when i figured out i was  missing an essential  part, I added that and poof there i was. 

It's shape, skin, hairbase, and eyes -- or so I think. :/ If one of them isn't loaded within your inventory yet, you'll be a cloud.

5 hours ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

i usually force  loading one of my other avis..

that usually fixes it 

Since the original post is from April 2014 (with a couple of short necroposts in April 2015), if they haven't fixed their issue by now, they never will.

Image result for necroposter

• Haha 3

For all those antique post collectors...

The basic fix is to change to the Ruth/Roth avatar. Top menu Developer-(Ctrl-Alt-Q)->Avatar->Character Tests->Test [Female/Male].

Then put your previous outfit on item by item. You'll find the problem item or force a reload of it, which clears the problem too.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.