Older avatar

Cradom Denimore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just spent a fruitless hour inworld looking for a male avatar. All I've been able to find are young men with big pecs and chest hair.

I'm looking for something a little older, say 40 to 60 (I'm 60). Something fairly sophisticated, balding, small gut, yada yada. Can anyone reccomend a shop inworld or MarketPlace where I can find something like this?

Trying to modify what I have is horrible.

Thanks

The Skin is likely the sticking point.

But I would start with the Vituvian Shapes set from Penny Patton, and they're free. Vitruvian Shapes: Marketplace

Most of the work on a shape will be on the face. If you have a shape with a face you like, it's easier to change the relatively few sliders for the torso and legs.

I can't help with getting a good skin. My usual AV is a furry type, and the fur hides so much.

It does occur to me that some aging effects could be added with a tattoo layer: age-related lines, wrinkles, and spots. More places to look...

Anyway, I did a search on "old man skin", and there's a couple of hundred. Some look a bit too caricatured for my taste, but I could say that about some of the female skins I see.

Like I said, I went with the Maxwell from here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aeros-Avatar-Maxwell/5922157

I found out editing the looks is considerably easier with this than the Brandon I was using. I also bought some tattoos which I may or may not use. Also, all the mesh clothes I have actually fit now! (well, most anyway)

This avatar has a litle more hair than me but that's ok. I always did like the George Peppard look :) .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.