New to this

frizzymel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello frizzy,

first of all you want to make sure, that you are not using one of the new "mesh" starter avatars. They may look more smooth than the older ones, but offer only a limited varity and can only barely be customized. If you have switched or already use one of the older avatar models (you can find those in your inventory in the libary folder), your options are only limited by your imagination...and somewhat by your financial investment.

Which brings us to clothes and everything else.

Second Life is different to most games and at this point, I don't know what you expect, but here is how it is: Every content you will see within Second Life is created by its users. Some people opened shops and sell everything from furniture to body parts and clothes. Second Life has developed its own small economy and the money here called L$ is exchangeable with real US$. But don't worry, if you don't want to spend any money yet, there are a lot of free clothes and avatarparts free to get. Look for newbie places, gifts in stores or even blogs that feature free stuff.

Hello ..  I am NOT new

However .. this avatar is ..   You can please Look at my PROFILE?

I have placed New RESIDENT Island in the picks great place to get yourself a New skin shape hair and clothes and AO>

(Animation Overrider makes your Stiff Avatar Moves in SL )    there are  White Tiger Mentors there sometimes

it is ALL FREE to buy  good place

As well as Help at Caledon has nice boards and classes (join group)  even free stuff too 

I need HELP please???  For some REASON??? I am no longer seeing Mesh ?? I am seeing lately  just a whole in my chest?

Arrrgh HELP  I have latest SL viewer soo ?

Best bet is to literally look at your Viewer that you are using, and fiddle with it. That is how I figured out how to work with Second Life. It took me about Three Days to understand how to work a LL avatar and a Mesh, but in the end it was worth being self taught. But, if you need an extra hand to learn how to use the Viewer, Second life does provide tutorials also you can out Youtube Videos to watch someone else do it. 

Second Life is a bit to get used to, but fiddle with it, look at your options that you have avaible to you. Run around a sandbox, practice rezzing, etc.  I liked learning on my own because I could get comfortable with my own way of doing things, then looking for easier solutions. 

Main thing is: Do NOT get fustraited. Most new users will have a hard time but do not be afraid to ask someone for help. Read the notecards in whatever you purchase! Read Read Read Read Read. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.