New Singularity, new tweaks...

SweetLadyMell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi Gang ^^

Okay, so, here comes the new Singularity...and with it...some oddities. Like that dot over my head...what's that all about? How do I take that away? Doors magically open...I dont wan that, I want them to open when I want them to open, okay, sounds like some bratty approach, but still...either iit's second LIFE or Magical Life...I prefer the prior, really...

Thanks for helping out a lost girl :)

Mell

xxx

Well, the dot above my head...is that...a voice dot? O, well, since I NEVER voice anyway, I can take that off...

And yes, apparently, doors open up when you come near them...you apparently dont need to touch a door to open it, annoying...well, to me anyway...after all, this is not the Enterprise hehe - no offence meant to the Trekkies out there :)

Mell

xxx

SweetLadyMell wrote:

Well, the dot above my head...is that...a voice dot? O, well, since I NEVER voice anyway, I can take that off...

And yes, apparently, doors open up when you come near them...you apparently dont need to touch a door to open it, annoying...well, to me anyway...after all, this is not the Enterprise hehe - no offence meant to the Trekkies out there
:)

Mell

xxx

Is it all doors.  Doors can be scripted to open automatically as you aproach them.

Are you sure this isn't just something you didn't notice before?

SweetLadyMell wrote:

it's all doors, including the one's from my home (not scripted)...not really a downer as such, but accoying...nevertheless...

There were some pop-ups but...clearly I did not take the time to read them and "ok"-ed them away, silly me...
:)

Mell

xxx

I'm really puzzzzzzzzzled here.

All doors that open btw are scripted.  But the one's you are talking about require a "touch event."

I would consider it risky to over ride this in some way.  It's depending on something knowing that what is being approached really is a door.

I certainly wouldn't want to be randomly triggering touch events.

Have you asked in the Singularity Support group?

Well, the ones I tried I had to touch (right-click and select open) to open them...the thing is that I sometimes 'in an RP) walk up to the door, turn around, finalise (last orders or such) and then (only THEN) open the door to leave, now they open if yu're close......eh, I may need to re-script the RP's somewhat, it seemed funny though... :)

Goed idea, that Singularity support...thanks :D

Mell

xxx

SweetLadyMell wrote:

Doors magically open...I dont wan that, I want them to open
when I want
them to open, okay, sounds like some bratty approach, but still...either iit's second LIFE or Magical Life...I prefer the prior, really...

I had no idea that doors which automatically open when I get near them, do so because of some sort of magical spell.  OMG!!!  That means pretty much every grocery store I've ever been to was being run by WITCHES!!!

...Dres *runs away screaming*

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I had no idea that doors which automatically open when I get near them, do so because of some sort of magical spell.  OMG!!!  That means pretty much every grocery store I've ever
been
to was being run by WITCHES!!!

No no, not Witches, theyr'e run by sons of .....

@ ObviousAltIsObvious- yep, I opened a previous version, doors open magically there too, eh, I can be soooo blond... :) they did that all along, Oh, and ehm, Dres and Dana...THAT...was a secret...hmm, yep, were out in the open now...hehe, but...we're good witches :)

@ serotica - I did not really notice until I was at an in-world store with a dummy door in the wall...then it kinda hit me that some do open. Not an issue but a style break...and yeppers, Singularity...light enough for me...

Eh, just something I noticed, possibly something I (more accidentally than in wisdom) checked/unchecked in my quest for the "ultimate setup" :)

Mell

xxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.