Need Help

Deesse Bloodrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope I don't seem like a noob but I am so lost.

Is there a Mesh tutorial that I can download or read that can step by step help me understand mesh and how to wear it?

I tried some demos (hands, feet, body, head) and no matter what I do (yes I did follow the directions as well), I just seem to look weird.

Any assistance would be appreciated, here or inworld.

Deesse Darkangel

(areneemurray resident)

Not sure what you mean by "weird". Some mesh clothing needs an alpha layer to be applied before wearing it. MANY meshes require body shape to be within a certain range to work without odd glitches, that's what you see with "standard sizing". Unfortunately there's also many creators who use Meli Imakos templates. While they're excellent, they do not seem to follow standard sizing at all and may or may not work right.

There's also fitted mesh which should work in theory with ANY body shape, but not all of it is very fitting - it'll take a few years for some/most creators to get up to snuff. Some work better than others, and again it tends to fail with extreme shapes. Since extreme shapes seem to be more common in SL than halfway realistic shapes... you may be SOL.

One alternative is to use a full mesh body and only buy clothes for those bodies. They should fit reasonably well, though I have no personal experience with mesh bodies at this point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.