My computer crashed and now im a smoke cloud .. is it forever :c ?

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Fixed it 

unequipped all worn items after taking a quick screen shot of what I had 

then dragged and dropped a default avvi onto my character 

my character rezzed then i used screen shot to put back on what i losted 

and + is i didnt have to resize any of the stuff i had unequiped

Nope. Usually it's a problem of your viewer's cache, or your current outfit information, not having loaded properly (crashes tend to mess with both things). If it's the latter, all you need is to force your viewer to reload your last outfit from your inventory (and this is where using the Outfits panel and routinely saving at least some, including the one you're currently wearing, come in handy)... if you don't have any saved yet, simply try wearing whichever entire outfit you have in your inventory (from your visits to freebie places you've probably gathered some), for example dragging the outfit's folder from your inventory and dropping it directly onto your avatar; an alternative would be to wear one of the starter avatars, by going to the menu “Me” > “Choose an avatar”. Either way, once the outfit or avatar in question has been loaded and you've stopped being just a cloud, you'll be able to change back into the clothes you had (and if you think it a chore to find again all the things you were wearing, again, this is a good reason to start saving outfits :smileywink:).

If the problem persists, perhaps it's a corrupted cache, and that's fixed by clearing the cache -an option present in most viewer's preferences, usually in the “Network & Cache” section. Be aware that after clearing cache, you'll have to restart the viewer and let it load everything (cache and inventory) from zero -you'll only have to do it once, though.

Ren Toxx wrote:

Nope. Usually it's a problem of your viewer's cache, or your current outfit information, not having loaded properly (crashes tend to mess with both things). If it's the latter, all you need is to force your viewer to reload your last outfit from your inventory (and this is where using the Outfits panel and routinely saving at least some, including the one you're currently wearing, come in handy)... if you don't have any saved yet, simply try wearing whichever entire outfit you have in your inventory (from your visits to freebie places you've probably gathered some), for example dragging the outfit's folder from your inventory and dropping it directly onto your avatar; an alternative would be to wear one of the starter avatars, by going to the menu
“Me”
>
“Choose an avatar”
. Either way, once the outfit or avatar in question has been loaded and you've stopped being just a cloud, you'll be able to change back into the clothes you had (and if you think it a chore to find again all the things you were wearing, again, this is a good reason to start saving outfits :smileywink:).

If the problem persists, perhaps it's a corrupted cache, and that's fixed by clearing the cache -an option present in most viewer's preferences, usually in the 
“Network & Cache”
section. Be aware that after clearing cache, you'll have to restart the viewer and let it load everything (cache and inventory) from zero -you'll only have to do it once, though.

already fixed it and im not wearing 200 billion things so didnt take long to find and equip the 15 things i had and half of them all in same folder 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.