My avatar looks like a white egg!

Rhea Lombardia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new in SL and I'm still learning but today I was in one music place and I wanted to go in another. When I teleported my avatar there, I couldn't see her in normal way cuz she was looks like  a white little egg with her name above. I don't know how to fix it... :mansad:  Anyone can help?

• 1 year later...

HawX Thiebaud wrote:

I am having the same problem in both firestorm and SL viewers.  I can open the advanced menu but get lost at "Character > charater test > male".  what am I missing?

It's in the Develop menu (in newer viewers):

Develop --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male

and

Develop --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Female

You can activate the develop menu by: Ctrl-Alt-Q

What it does is that it puts you back to the default newbie looks; after which you can start putting back on your nicer stuff.

If even that does not resolve the cloud, you can find more information what to do here:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/bake_fail

It's for Phoenix viewer, but in principle the info applies to all viewers.

• 1 year later...

Crap. Thanks for the info - I am no longer an egg. Unfortunately, I reset my avatar before reading your whole post and didn't realize I'd be set back to a newbie av until it was too late. I spent so much time (and money) getting my avatar the way I wanted her, and now I have to start over. Ugh! Seriously, Linden should have a better method for resolving the white egg issue. :(

Rebekah Cavan wrote:

Crap. Thanks for the info - I am no longer an egg. Unfortunately, I reset my avatar before reading your whole post and didn't realize I'd be set back to a newbie av until it was too late. I spent so much time (and money) getting my avatar the way I wanted her, and now I have to start over. Ugh! Seriously, Linden should have a better method for resolving the white egg issue.
:(

Actually everything you used to wear as part of your avatar should still be in your inventory - there's no need to "start over." Just add the pieces you used back one at a time. There's a chance that one of them might have caused your egg problem in the first place - if that's the case, that's the only part you need to replace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.