Recognized Resident
Lydiaunold

My Avatar is two colors top pink color and bottom tan. Can't buy new skins cost me to much.

This happened when I got the new update today. What is going on.

Honored Resident
Miranda Tretiak

Re: My Avatar is two colors top pink color and bottom tan. Can't buy new skins cost me to much.

Reply to Lydiaunold - view message

it's a known issue with the new release. If you go into your preferences/graphics and uncheck Basic Shaders then rebake ctrl+alt+R you should get your avatar back to normal, when it rezzes correctly remember to recheck Basic Shaders before closing your preferences again.

Dilbert Dilweg

Re: My Avatar is two colors top pink color and bottom tan. Can't buy new skins cost me to much.

I had this happen. Clear your cache and relog. after you relog and some things are still pink. hit ctrl-alt-r to rebake...

Thats all I did to fix my issue

Ansiri

[ Edited ]

I just had or have this issue. I reloged, emptied the cache, rebaked, didn't help. Unchecking basic shaders helps, but after closing preferences and if i rebake again while basic shaders is checked the skin goes back to different colors. :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Head is normal color, legs a bit darker and upper body is darkest. :smileyvery-happy:

Glad i found this thread and  thank you Miranda for posting that. :smileyhappy:

Funny it don't affect on all outfits, changing skin don't help, but some outfits are normal. Also some of my shoes alpha layers are not working. Guess this is some ATI -thing?

Edited some more: Actually it affects on all of my outfits. When i put outfit that have a bit differently modified shape it looks first ok, but if i use rebake it goes strange again. On some outfits my skin i guess? or shape? takes textures from clothing.  Should i make a bug report or no? Is this something that i can fix by myself or no?

Sephy McCaw
Topics: 1

its a known bug for the viewer... downgrade or you'll have to keep turning off basic shaders to rebake

Ansiri

[ Edited ]

Reply to Sephy McCaw - view message

If this is a known bug then why it started for me only on the second day after this newest update to sl viewer. Everything's been ok untill yesterday and i didn't change anything on my pc, only thing new was the sl update. If i need to downgrade too, then how much older driver is ok? Maybe i just need to test by myself...

Honored Resident
Paul4Rum

This really is getting annoying.  The tip that someone gave about basic shaders and re-bake does seem to do the trick, however it is not a permanent fix. Every time I go to change a shirt or any article of clothing for that matter, or edit appearance, this happens. My whole torso including my hands turns pink. Then I am forced to do the process every time. For someone that frequently likes to take his shirt off at the beach, this is very unattractive. I paid good money for my skin and this sucks. Add to that, my jeans are sort of low-riding, so even after the re-bake, I see a heavy 'tan line' above my belt line that shouldn't be there.

I really do not want to 'downgrade' the viewer (which I don't even know how to do anyway), nor do I want to get any other viewer. I'm just getting used to the SL viewer and I like it. Will we see a real fix by LL for this any time soon?

Ansiri

[ Edited ]

So will downgrading a viewer fix this? I'm so used to read to downgrade a graphics driver with the online games if something's wrong i didn't even think about downgrading the viewer.

Here is a ss of my skin :smileyvery-happy: :

skin_issues.png

Resident
Jazz2much

Thank You Miranda.....I also was having same issue

Honored Resident
Taynelue

Reply to Sephy McCaw - view message

Hi I'm also having the same issue, pink middle, tan legs and normal head color...have tried all of the suggestions......