Missing Prims in Mesh Hair

kholek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My hair was perfectly fine up until now... Once day all of a sudden a bunch of strands in my mesh hair are missing and my avatar has a bald spot! Also sometimes a bunch of yellow pyramids float above my avatar when she enters a region now. What happened? This only happens on my computer. I am using Singularity.

kholek wrote:

My hair was perfectly fine up until now... Once day all of a sudden a bunch of strands in my mesh hair are missing and my avatar has a bald spot! Also sometimes a bunch of yellow pyramids float above my avatar when she enters a region now. What happened? This only happens on my computer. I am using Singularity.

Hi knolek,

Those floaty triangles are unrezzed mesh part of your hair. They're either default placeholders for unrezzed mesh, or alert triangles. Now the question is, why isn't all of your hair loading? Before I toss out all the standard stuff, like checking your connection and clearing your cache, I think we should wait for someone who knows what the hell they're talking about to drop in and offer up some ideas.

Summer Tison may have found a bizarre solution, but I think it's just as likely her problem vanished on its own.

And just so you don't feel lonely...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Mesh-Hair-Texture-Won-t-Fully-Load/m-p/2576102/highlight/true#M26605

;-)

It seems to have suddenly started working again! All I did was install Radegast without even opening it and the hair is back to normal... Even the same hair on my other character was missing those same prims. Oh well, at least all is fine again!

kholek wrote:

Even the same hair on my other character was missing those same prims.

That sounds like a corrupted cache issue. Since its the same object, both characters were loading a record from somewhere that was corrupted - and, if my guess is correct; that going away means it works now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.