Mesh body won't load

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

first check if SL doesn't have restarts rolling out ...

if not, it's almost always a connection problem so first check your cables

than restart your router/modem

if using wifi try cables

try other viewer

check drivers

and as last option, clear cache and re install

don't start with last, it's most likely NOT the cause and reloading your cache will make your inventory and view laggy, slow and unusable for at least 15 minutes..or more when at a slower connection/region

Yep it is indeed the drivers in my case too. Rolled back to AMD Catalyst 14.12 drivers via Gaming Evolved and everything works again like a charm. If you need to keep the more recent driver, you can turn off Hardware Skinning in the graphics preferences of Firestorm, but mesh will not look very pretty if you take that route.

I'm not so quick to blame the new drivers, since I'm on a mac and we don't get those instant driver updates like the PC world does. 

Yesterday, I had the exact symptoms you describe and went through the same troubleshooting procedure as you. 

In my case, I noticed two things ...  1) The problem occured on Firestorm, but not on Singularity and 2)  The problem seemed more persistent on on the Carolina sim, and easier to fix on the Turtle Bay sim. 

Both sims are on main channel, and both had already had the rolling restart.   I'm left wondering what an odd coincidence it was that everything was fine before the rolling restart, and fell to hell after it.

Ah well, this morning it seems fine for me on both sims and with both viewers.

Dana Dielli wrote:

I'm not so quick to blame the new drivers, since I'm on a mac and we don't get those instant driver updates like the PC world does. 

Yesterday, I had the exact symptoms you describe and went through the same troubleshooting procedure as you. 

I'm on a Mac, on the official viewer.

Mac's use either intel graphics or if you have a high-end model; NVIDIA. Mine is on NVIDIA. I've not had any of these issues.

It may be that the TPVs use a different rendering engine. I know for something out there the viewer is on a closed license so TPVs cannot use the same code - but I believe that is voice and not graphics. However if it is graphics, it might explain some of this.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Dana Dielli wrote:

I'm on a Mac, on the official viewer.

Mac's use either intel graphics or if you have a high-end model; NVIDIA. Mine is on NVIDIA. I've not had any of these issues.

It may be that the TPVs use a different rendering engine. I know for something out there the viewer is on a closed license so TPVs cannot use the same code - but I believe that is voice and not graphics. However if it is graphics, it might explain some of this.

They can not use Havoc for their viewer for other grids.

As far as the renedering/graphics, they don't mess with that.  I believe they've stated they don't have any one with that kind of expertise.  So it's strictly LL supplied code.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

... I'm on a Mac, on the official viewer.

My late 2011 MacBook Pro 17 uses AMD 6770M.   I can only wish they had used NVIDIA, but alas, Stevie didn't want to.  

I honestly don't know what the problem was on the 9th, but in my own case, I'm confident it had nothing to with the AMD driver update, since Apple will be the one to decide when and if I can update my drivers, and they'll make that decision in their own sweet time.   ;p

Anyway, all seems well now.  (at least for the moment)   :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.