Mesh body - avatar

Inanna Andel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to locate a good designer for mesh body for a new avatar I want to make.  The problem that I have found with the mesh project is finding cloths for the avatar (mesh).  Especially medieval type clothing.  I am wondering if anyone can assist me on one, who may I speak too that can design such an avatar and two where you can get the type of clothing i am looking for.

I will not recommend the use of a mesh body with medieval clothes where only arns from the elbow and down , and ankles and feet, are visible.

Now, you could be wearing more fantasy themed outfits like armor that is only a bra and panties... ;)

I find that The Mesh Project is catering to popular clothes, mostly club wear like minidresses, shorts and tattoos. And underwear for the intimate moments. I don't think mesh bodies are going to attract medieval  designers, unless it is the fantasy look.

I would recommend Skink hands and feet, there are many very nice shoes made for the flat feet. The We Love Roleplay event has had one or two shoes for Slink feet in their last rounds.

The Slink Physique body can be interesting if you play the more undressed role like tavern wench or beggar girl in just a few rags.Then you should tweak the size so it fits the standard size clothing you like best. I can't say I tried all fitmesh clothing, but the ones I have tried has been disappointing and I had to use a standard size instead. 

Note that some skin designers sell the Physique applier with the hands and feet texturing included, saving you from buying 3 different appliers and attaching them three times for texturing. But look up the small print on the vendors forst, not all do this. the League vendor clearly states : "Also applies textures to Slink hands & feet". Unless they state it, make sure to contact the seller first. This can be important if money is an issue. 

What are all of the fitted mesh options in this now? Active ones that is, not ones that have gone away.

Slink

themeshproject

belleza

Lena lush/perky (kitties lair)

fusion (v-strings)

brazilia

...and any others?

Can any of these do a normal looking body that with their alpha system, will "fit" mesh clothes that were made for one of the standard sizes?

This is Slink mesh body with standard size L clothing that's made for default LL avatars.The pantyhose and leotard are appliers. The avatars is not edited, just placed in a collage.

greenxs.jpg

Same mesh body in size M. Notice that the bikini is mesh, No alpha layer used. The second image only hide the nipples. You will see that I changed the body fat and muscle from the standard size numbers. This was because body fat makes the hips rounder, so I bumped it up and took down muscle mass.

Mesh2.jpg

The alpha system is a bit tricky. For skirts, they have to end over the skirt hem, but still be long enough to hide the thighs and legs. Shorts in mesh is challenging. The smaller the shorts is, the more unlikely it is that the alphas will correspond. You have to sculpt hips and behind to the shorts. Small parts like straps over the shoulders is impossible to use an alpha on. I tried a lot of pencil skirts before finding this one in Cold Logic. It has just enough width to not clip through where the leg alpha ends. Not all mesh clothes will fit. Rigged mesh is better than fitted mesh. Because you can take in a few points here and there, fitted mesh will adjust with the body and I found no fitted mesh that I can use... On the ordinary avatar I also adjusted a few points, especially on the breasts, so I could have a closest possible fit.

When I demo'd slink I noticed the 'shadow under the bosom' was... under the bosom and not at the 'seam'. And as you increase bosom size - the shadow moved away from the chest and became a line along the underside of the bosom.

- That effect began as early as size 60 or so, mayne a little lower. The 'shape' then began to change as you go up in size, a flat area starts to form connecting the bottom of the bosom to the chest.

This effect did not happen with themeshproject (you can take that one to 100 and still look not only natural, but a size that could 'occur in nature', albeit very rarely with that little sag... :) ).

The problem also did not occur on Belleza, nor the something-lush.perky. And I forgot to look on fusion because the too muscular calves of fusion turned me off to that one early.

I might still be able to use slink as my shape uses a 48 on bosom-slider... but only if that 'shadow seam' issue was just a problem with their demo-skin...

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

What are all of the fitted mesh options in this now? Active ones that is, not ones that have gone away.

Slink

themeshproject

belleza

Lena lush/perky (kitties lair)

fusion (v-strings)

brazilia

...and any others?

Can any of these do a normal looking body that with their alpha system, will "fit" mesh clothes that were made for one of the standard sizes?

Don't forget Chip Midnight's MBody, which has the advantage of being mod.

Aethelwine wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

...and any others?

Don't forget Chip Midnight's
, which has the advantage of being mod.

I'll have to check that out. Any others?

I've also learned of one called 'eve' but it has a very strange looking 'thing' poking out of the nether area - that looks like an attempt to model that region that went wrong somehow...

Pussycat,

As you say there is also  Eve by Ginger Chevalier (you can also buy the two bodies from there seperately

Also Perfect Body by Gamer Inc

Some more in this picture and a list on this page http://meshphysique.wordpress.com/   most of them are very primitive or well freakish, but they might be a useful reference for completing the picture.

NL Sperber wrote:

Why not have a mesh head designed to wear on your SL avatar? for info contact [spam]

Because once you do that, you lose access to the shape dials for the head - leaving you with facial features identical to anyone else using that same head.

No individual variety, let alone ethnic variety - once you go for a mesh head. Different skins can add some variety back in, but then it starts to either become painfully obvious when a skin was 'made for a different shape' - and the difference which are not such flaws get 'washed out' in the sameness of a 'clone shape'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.