Mesh Heads

Ariel Vuissent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know of a mesh head similar to Snow Rabbit, but less...cutesy? I love the quality and animation of the Snow Rabbit head, but it's very young-looking and cutesy and I'd like something a little more adult. As in, I don't REALLY want to look 16. I look young, and all, but not so...cute. I can't think of another word. 

Hey (: I know your struggle witht the too cute, too young looking faces of mesh heads. Try Fiore's Mesh heads. They are more young adult, and come with a great skin, a great HUD with plenty of make-up and also different noses/mouths. But they're static, so they arent animated. But they have different expressions. Like smiling, smirking, open mouth...

I reviewed Fiore's Natasha Mesh head. If you are intrigued you can read more here (: 

I'm using a LOGO Sadie mesh head at the moment and in my opinion it has its plusses and minuses.  Knowing what I know now I would've stayed with my previous skin and face.

On the plus side for pictures, the face looks really good from all angles.  Lots of makeup, eye color and hair base options.

On the minus side the facial expressions are static and very limited.  The mouth doesn't open at all.  Also, when you TP in somewhere you appear as a giant head for a moment or two, and knowing how a lot of other users see the world (with slower computers and rendering capabilities) that's kind of worrisome.

On the whole I wouldn't recommend mesh heads unless you have specific needs in mind, or after some time in which they are designed a little better.

Thank you, that helps.

What I really, really love about the Snow Rabbit mesh head is a) the level of detail, smoothness in the face, etc., and b) the animation. But $3,000L is a lot to spend for something that is just so...child-like, in a way. That's not how I want to look. Not to say I HAVEN'T looked that way in the past - the skin I use can look very young, but the Nea head is just so, so young-looking. 

So, I think I'll hold off on buying it for a while. I have no real reason to have a mesh head, and I've worked hard getting my avatar's face JUST RIGHT. All these minute touuches so that I love it, and now I want to cover it? It seems so silly. I still want something like the Nea head, but...it's not worth it.

I'd still love to hear what others think about various mesh heads, though, so please share!

Personally I'd never use them or a mesh body because you look like everyone else that has them.  I'd rather be unique, which is why I created my own shape from scratch. 

Hopefully the new grid will have better mesh avatars that you can change with as much flexibility as you can the basic SL avatar (which is mesh btw, just an old model). 

I use mesh parts, but definitely do NOT have a mesh body, for exactly that reason. There aren't enough options available to make anyone unique, for one; and two, I LIKE my shape. It's too skinny for some, too tall for others, but I like it, and that's all that is required. 

I do really like that darn head, though. But I think I'll pass. My biggest concern is spending $3,000L on something I'll wear for a week or less. 

I'm not a big fan of the mesh heads...not a lot of variety you can do with them. You might check out the ones from Slink though. Another problem with them is there isn't a lot of support for the skin for them.

As for the mesh bodies. I am using a Slink Physique fitted mesh body. The only differences I see between it and my default avi is the boobs and ass are smoothed out as are the angles you see in the calves. The elbows no longer look like triangles either.

That's the wonderful thing about SL, we can all look the way we like and use what we do or don't want to. I started with the Slink hands and feet, mainly because the SL feet are just awful and the hands aren't much better.

I've gone completely mesh for quite some months already. And I can say, I don't feel like I look like everyone else, quite the opposite. I wear the WowMeh Mesh Body, which is fitted mesh. You can change every slider you could with the SL-body too. You can make yourself skinny or you use the PlusSize Body and make yourself more curvy. Alphaing the body parts under the mesh clothing is easy with the HUD, but could be still improved. I dont use appliers, just mesh clothing bc it is just the best option. I just fell in love with the mesh body and then wanted a mesh head. To find one is tough, because its all pretty new and only a few are making the process.But I'm sure there will come new things which will improve all of this.

It's maybe really not a bad idea to just await all those events to happen.

I also have to admit that for male avatars its harder to go mesh and become unique. The variety of mesh heads and bodies provided for men is really low, while for women there are so many opportunities. Slink Physique, WowMeh, UTILIZATOR, Brazilian...

I am a mesh avi and I really enjoy it (:

Unfortunately Wowmeh is no longer available. I have heard so much about that I was considering it, but although the appliers are still available for those who do have it, the product is gone.

I'm not judging anyone who uses a mesh body. I just don't want one for myself right now. I do use Slink hands and feet, Lola breasts on occasion (clothing is still a pain, which is why I don't wear them often...), and the Ukelie Cutie Booty on occasion (same reason, although I can make my own appliers for system clothing; mesh doesn't fit right...). I don't really mind the default avi that much - what I really hate are the hands and feet. The rest is blocky, yes, but it doesn't really bother me.

I may try a demo of the physique. If I love it, I'll buy it, especially since my skin creator makes an applier for it. We shall see. I didn't love their mesh heads, though. Not for myself.

Hmm, I had to eat my words about the "not so customer friendly" concept about #themeshproject. I have both their body, and one of their heads now.

Means I have Wowmeh, Slink and #themeshproject bodies. Logo head, SnowRabbit head and #themeshprojecthead Classic. Not to mention how many sets of boobs I have, lol. 

Anyway, the default sl head is static unless you wear a smiler that makes you smile random. So it don't bother me so much that all other heads than Snow Rabbit has to turn on the expressions. I really wish they would offer other skins for the Snow rabbit head. It is simply a work of art. Here is my #themeshproject head.

mesheadcollage.jpg

I wery much like that it looks good in other windlight settings than the usual bright photogenic windlights.

Oh, that's pretty! I might bite the bullet and buy the Snow Rabbit, but...but...

Blah.

I need to head inworld and try that one, though...that's lovely!

I tried the Physique body, too. Not a huge fan. Maybe I'll give it another shot, but...hmm.

ETA: Okay, so I HATE the mesh product demo. I can't get a decent sense of how it will actually look, never mind all the add-ons, and I'm so confused. I'll give it another try when I have time.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Echelon-Eve-Hybrid-Mesh-Avatar/4681682If you want something realistic Someone that in there late 20's 30 and 40 looking for a good avator I will say this the best I have found I got tired of finding things that looked like for a baby older women want to look good to but look there age. I am a host here on Sl so I like to look my best. Good luck to you.

P.S

This Avator you don't have to worry about the light there is lighting to the face I do use photoshop to fix it up but don't have to do much to it.

231423534536.jpg

• 2 months later...

hello everyone i have a problem with a mesh head the classic mesh head from themeshproject  and i cant see the full skin appliers on the mesh head im ok with everything ion mesh body and i can see all the changes on it but i cant see the skin appliers on the classic mesh head i tried to do everything even changed the preferences but nothing happened it is the same things the others can see my head mesh complete but i cant see it complete and if i would say for the mesh body i can see it completelly perfect so can anyone tell me what should i do for the mesh head bc im driving crazy.....thank u

I've read in other places that when you add 3rd party items to the mesh head it shows up on different buttons from the ones used for the items bought from them.

Get out all the HUDs they've given you, and go through all their buttons. Somewhere in there whatever you seek should be hidden.

I don't have the mesh heads - they don't respond to shape dials so even on my alt with a mesh body I've avoided them as I like a unique face. So this is just by way of reading other's conversations.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.