Male mesh avatar

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I been looking for options for a male mesh avatar. I found some decent options but each time the color of the skin didn't match the head of my avatar or appliers or anything that allow me to play with the look a little. 

I must say I like the choice women get for sins and mesh stuff when it comes to that. 

Does anyone know of a store where they sell mesh avatar and normal skins to so that I can customize stuff a little bit?

I'll go check Tellaq now. As for signature, the price is right, the avatar's body is good, the hud is easy to use but you better like it as it is because using the body with another head simple does not work since there is no way to make the skin match with any other skins. I sent a IM to the creator in the hope they could tell me if they have other products that could match it but I never got a reply. 

L'Uomo

Sking

Dev Muscle

All 3 are more muscular but are Omega applier compatible. None of the currently avaialble male bodies, other than Tellaq since they make their own skins, have any skins out there. If you find one you like, contact the skin maker. I know, for instance, that Prodigal makes applier for the male Slink hands and feet so might be amenable to making the skin appliers using the Omega system because of it's compatibility with so many mesh parts. The 3 metioned, because they are Omega compatible, might have an easier time finding clothes. If you decide to go with one of them, please message me inworld and I'll start adding male clothes.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

In order to change the skin or wear what are called "system" clothing, you have to have an applier, a scripted item that "talks" to the mesh and tells it what to do. Most mesh has skin and then at least a shirt and pants layer, just like your default avi has though the defalt has skin, tat, underwear, shirt/pants, jacket and skirt. SL hanndles adding these to your default avi automatically. The mesh bodies have to be told separately with the appliers. I know you've seen female clothing advertized with tango appliers, ghetto booty, wowmeh, etc. These are appliers that talk to the bodies on a specific channel. What Omega does is provide the listening script for the various parts so a designer makes 1 pants applier and, when you add the Omega listener script to the body part, that applier can talk to that part. Now, instead of having to have a separate applier for each and every body out there from all the different makers, and there are a lot of them, you make one applier that can be used for all of them.....basically a universal applier system.

• 2 years later...

Hello ,

actually I have found a good one , I even can keep my normal head - BUT I cannot wear my own tattoes or clothing - I am absolutely lost what to do - is it really that complicated ?  Must I buy all clothes again ?  I hope somebody can help me - I don't understand all that ( ADD doesn't make it easier ) - I like that Mesh avi a lot ( though it will take my last Lindens ) - is there a way to keep my tattoes and clothes ?

If the body you have is Omega applier compatible, and the clothes and tattoos you have were made by you, you can get the Omega applier system for personal use for free and add you clothes to it and wear them on your mesh body.  See the instructions that came with your body to see if it's Omega compatible.  Some creators also include a Omega applier system for personal use in the package for the body.  But if not, they are available in world and on the Marketplace.

If you didn't make the clothes and tattoo's you can check the shop where you bought them and see if they have appliers you can buy.

Oh there is an extra applier with that mesh demo body - but I don't get how to handle it :(

Stupid thing is that body has attoes and I don't want them - I really have no clue - and it's too expensive to buy everything new anyway .

There are so many appliers - and I am lost in which one I can use .

Thank you for your reply .

The instructions that came with the body should tell you if your body is compatible with the Omega System ie: the Omega system scripts are built in.  The people that make clothes generally will say on the sales picture what bodies their clothes work with or they say they include Omega Appliers.

Omega Appliers are a universal applier system that is compatible with most all mesh bodies either because the omega scripts are preinstalled in the body by the body's creator, or you can install it yourself if the body is mod.  The exception is if your body is not mod and isn't already Omega compatible.

If you google Omega System Appliers you'll find an official web site for them with complete instructions on how to use them. 

Basically the system uses clothing textures.  The system has a notecard in the applier HUD that you use to paste in the inventory number of the texture (called a UUID).  You can get this by clicking on the texture in your inventory and selecting Copy UUID from the menu.  UUID's of clothing aren't going to work.  You have to have the texture used to make the clothing, which means you have to have created it or bought the clothing texture full perm.  Full perm clothing textures are available on the MarketPlace.  You then wear the HUD and click on it and it paints the texture on a the layer you specified in the notecard by pasting in the UUID in the appropriate space.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.