Looking for good fitted mesh clothing

Jessi Easterman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jessi Easterman wrote:

I've been hunting for some good fitted mesh clothing for a while now, and it seems like when I search for it on the marketplace most of what comes up isn't fitted at all.

So, what are some good places that have a bunch of fitted mesh? What're your favorite fitted mesh clothing items?

Right now, Fitted Mesh isn't a great buy because it resizes in a fundamentally different way than the default avatar does so it's difficult to get a good size match. However, the new mesh bodies from Slink, Belleza, etc. are fitted mesh and it will be possible for clothing makers to have clothing that resizes the same way those avatars do - Slink already has a developer kit for clothing makers to use.

Usually this is referred to as Fit Mesh and sometimes as Liquid Mesh.  So try using these as your search term on MP.

The success of fit mesh has been mixed.  Some people say it floats a bit off their body and  therefore looks too big on them.  You still have to wear an alpha layer with it in my experience.  As a result, many designers are sticking with the standard sizes for their clothes.  Most designers that do fit mesh also include the standard sized clothes in one package.  So when you search MP for it, don't be surprised if it lists the standard sizes that are also included too.  Some designers are labeling the fit mesh version while others just don't show any size on that version of the item.

I have just a few things that are fit mesh, and I think all came with the standard size too, and that is what I use, the standard size. I have one item that I got that is only fit mesh and I really had to work with it and modify my body to get it to fit. I always said I would never mod my body but in this one case I did just to get the dress to fit. I don't like fit mesh and I feel like its still at the point that mesh was at when it first started, needing a lot of work. Maybe it will get better but I'm not holding my breath, if an item is only fit mesh, I don't buy it. But that is how I started out with mesh, I stayed away from it, but use it a lot now. But like I said, I don't like fit mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.