Is missing the head of the avatar

jwjaii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the "Replace look" option

But the result was very disappointing...

zzzzzz.JPG

LIES, LIES, LIES

"ATTENTION: 

To avoid scams when buying Aeros Avatars products purchase ONLY from the creator, Pi Rain.

» AEROS AVATARS «

...Continuing Aeros tradition in an attempt to enhance your SL experience, we present Aeros Avatars!

Experience sophisticated and realistic skins and shapes featuring exquisitely crafted detail, high definition and seamless 360-degree body care.

We celebrate the male ideal of grace, strength, power and beauty!

NOTE: This is a DEMO. The actual package includes : 6 skins in two variations - smooth and bodyhair, 3 modifiable shapes (warrior, model and light), eyes, 3 beard styles and 2 hairbases.

» Aeros Avatar Teghran «

...Teghran's got ice in his veins and fire in his gaze in a way that is powerfully alluring. He can be very intimidating when he needs to be with just a look or a single word, but is playful and gentle with those he considers his."

jwjaii wrote:

I do not understand how this is possible ... and (almost) never exists a link to talk to the seller...

Just to help you out here, it's easy to contact the seller.  On the right hand side of the advert it says "Sold by: Pi Rain" so what you do is open their profile inworld and send them an IM or a notecard.  I'd say ALWAYS send an IM because those sellers who send IM's to email can easily reply rapidly and when offline.  Send a notecard too because LL never thought that we'd actually want to communicate with each other and there's a cap of 25 IM's before the rest are lost (unless forwarded to email).

Notecards are avatar to avatar inventory offers and are not capped but some merchants hate notecards and prefer IM.  Do both if no preference given.

How do you open their profile?  Either search for their name under "People" or since you already have the product, just right click on one of the items in inventory, choose "Properties" and where it lists Creator is a button to open their profile.

The LAST thing we need is yet another LL dreamed up pointless messaging method that will be misunderstood, implemented badly and ignored.

LL thought we all wanted to communicate via Facebook and tried to take us there

LL thought we all wanted to have a Facebook-like wall and infected our profiles with it, resulting in customers posting support questions on something that many merchants never looked and and subsequently turned off.

Just stick to IM or notecards, the tried and tested and accepted methods of communication.

jwjaii wrote:

I used the "Replace look" option

But the result was very disappointing...

zzzzzz.JPG

LIES, LIES, LIES

Let me try to explain to you why you're wrong and why that ad pic isn't a lie.  Firstly, you're wearing the peaked eyebrow and the avatar in the ad pic is wearing the straight eyebrow.  Secondly, the ad pic was taken with Advance Lighting and Shadows enabled... yours was not.  So, unless you're able to turn on these advanced options, neither your avatar nor anything else will look as nice as they do to someone with those options enabled.

...Dres

And the hair (equal to the demo) where is it ?

"If you find any problems please contatto with the seller"

"Page not found"

I still think there is something very wrong in most avatars for sale. The lack of quality and coherence, are at least, shocking!

And it's always very difficult to get contact the sellers. And when we contact the seller, they never respond. The never answered me. And I've bought several avatars (4). Nor do returns. Apparently we have no rights...

My Frankenstein

The best solution is to mix parts from different avatars...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG

I enjoyed learning how to make avatars. But it must be hard ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.JPG

x88.JPG

x44444444.JPG

wedf.JPG 

cftr.JPG

hgytr.JPG

dd.JPG

CC.jpg

I suppose it's been said before but........try demos! they're usualy free and will give you a good insight on how the avatar works and looks. Like Dres mentioned, lighting and graphic options have a great influence on how the texture on the avatars look. If you don't use the same setting as in the picture there will always be a difference.

If you read the description it says the package contains a hairbase. That's NOT the actual hair!

Don't blame creators for user mistakes, inform yourself before you decide to spend money on things you buy!

jwjaii wrote:

And the hair (equal to the demo) where is it ?

"If you find any problems please contatto with the seller"

"Page not found"

And it's always very difficult to get contact the sellers. And when we contact the seller, they never respond.
The never answered me. And I've bought several avatars (4). Nor do returns. Apparently we have no rights...

Did you read what I wrote about how to contanct them?  How did you contact them in this case?

If you contact them using the two methods that I gave you and they don't respond, that's a pretty good indicator NOT to purchase don't you think?

Sassy Romano

"Você leu o que eu escrevi sobre como contanct-los? Como é que você contatá-los neste caso?

Se você entrar em contato com eles usando os dois métodos que eu te dei e eles não respondem, isso é um indicador muito bom para não comprar, você não acha?"

I tried but it never works...

demo-88.JPG

jwjaii wrote:

x33.JPG

Now you have put the message in Pi Rain's feed - you did not send an IM message.

To send IM message click the "Mensagem" button (not the other one beside it). After clicking it reveals the IM option. Select that one, write your message and send it.

It does work. :smileyhappy:

Coby Foden

"Now you have put the message in Pi Rain's feed - you did not send an IM message.

To send IM message click the "Mensagem" button (not the other one beside it). After clicking it reveals the IM option. Select that one, write your message and send it.

It does work. "

Yeah, does not work. When I click on "MI", shows the message "Application for external application ... click here" ... But nothing happens...

jwjaii wrote:

I do not speak English. I'm using the Google translator.
N
ot easy to understand manual with the Google translator... 
And millions of people around the world do not speak english...

There are forums written in other languages here. You can try one of them, and someone might be able to help you better.

You really should contact the creator IN sl, not using mysecondlife.com. Not everyone actually checks that page(very few people do, and the system does not work right most of the time anyway). Go inworld and do a search for the creator, open his or her profile, and contact him or her that way, as you have been instructed.

I have a feeling you have very different expectations than most people, and nothing anyone says will please you, though. Most people do not support others that come across overly dramatic for no reason. That is exactly how your responses sound. It may be a language barrier, or issue, though. 

jwjaii wrote:

Yeah, does not work. When I click on "MI", shows the message "Application for external application ... click here" ... But nothing happens...

Yes, it does work. Your computer is stopping you from opening up SL. That is what the external application thing means. It is trying to open up your viewer so you can contact the person inworld, in other words, with sl open. Don't use mysecondlife.com to contact people. It's not reliable, at all, and most of the time does not work.

pi rain.JPG

Tari Landar wrote:

jwjaii wrote:

Yes, it does work. Your computer is stopping you from opening up SL. That is what the external application thing means. It is trying to open up your viewer so you can contact the person inworld, in other words, with sl open. Don't use mysecondlife.com to contact people. It's not reliable, at all, and most of the time does not work.

I was about to say this also.  You can't send an IM from the SecondLife.Com website directly.  You have to log in.  Pi does state to use Notecards to contact her.

Tari Landar wrote:

There are forums written in other languages here. You can try one of them, and someone might be able to help you better.

I thought of suggesting this, but then realized that there is no one in the Portuguese sub-forum really helping anyone there... which is a shame.  It's obvious the OP doesn't understand even the most basic things about how to function in SL.  What they really need is to meet someone inworld who speaks Portuguese and is willing to help them learn the basics.

Jwjaii, you need to search SL groups and find a Portuguese support group of some sort.  This should start you off... http://search.secondlife.com/web/search/groups/?q=Portuguese I hope.

...Dres

jwjaii wrote:

x33.JPG

The picture on the marketplace listing is not a "demo." A "demo" is a free, wearable copy of exactly what you're going to get but modified so you won't be able to wear it every day - for instance, a skin will have writing or lines on it, and a shape will have certain parts deliberately deformed. And it's obvious that you aren't actually getting and using these demos that the avatar makers go to the trouble of providing.

It seems like your English is just fine for complaining but not for learning the simplest tasks - I'm sure the Portuguese forum has dozens of people who can explain what a "demo" actually is - and you have time to put together elaborate photo displays about the things you think other people are doing wrong but it's too much work to actually learn how to do things.

I thought that this person's name seemed familiar, so I took a look at their post history and realized that this isn't their first go around with a problem very similar to this (link).  Seems as though they'd rather blame content creators for their own inability to learn how to use SL, then actually work through figuring out how to learn to do things here.  Surely there's an issue with the language barrier, but such issues can be worked through... I'm just not sure the OP is really even interested in doing so.

As such, I'm pretty sure that, even if we all spoke Portuguese perfectly, we'd make little headway trying to help someone who seems perhaps incapable, but more likely, unwilling to help themselves.

...Dres

We could probably easily find some people who spoke Portuguese. On any given day, it sure feels sometimes like 45,000 of the 44,000 concurrency is Brazilians... :)

But I agree it wouldn't solve much in this case.

They'd probably be even more confused than us, because they'd be able to see what the OP is actually intended to say...

Whenever you see a shape or skin that appears with all the lights and shadows, definitely get the demo first. Chances are it's been enhanced with Photoshop and doesn't show the reality look. To get that look, if it was shot in SL, you would need the same windlight and lighting. It's not fake and not a lie, just not what you were expecting. That's what DEMOS are for...

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Whenever you see a shape or skin that appears with all the lights and shadows, definitely get the demo first.
Chances are it's been enhanced with Photoshop and doesn't show the reality look.

I'll never understand why some people will just presume this to be the case, simply because a creator has used ALM and Shadows to take their marketing photo.  While there certainly are some unscrupulous merchants who do indeed go that route in an attempt to hide the imperfection of their creations, I seriously doubt that someone who makes as good a quality of product as does the Aeros creator, would ever feel the need to resort to such a deceptive tactic.

As such, I'd say, with a great about of certainty, that the chances of that particular image having been enhanced with Photoshop are very slim.  But then, it's possible you may have never seen an Aeros avatar inworld, with all the bells and whistles... they're really very nice.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.