I want to Delete an alt of mine

Guku Aabye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guku Aabye wrote:

I was wondering how can i Delete an alt i have in SL? I heard even if i get rid of my alt it will still be their. On Linden Labs data base. I heard all accounts are. Is there anyways that it can be removed from LL's data base also?

As far as I know the account remains in LL's data base though I have read undocumented claims that LL has purged some.

Note that in the article Amethyst linked it does say, "Cancel," not, "Delete."

As best I know, the Account will become unsearchable.

However, any one who still has the account in their Friends List or who has a calling card will still be able to view the profile as it existed at the time the Account was cancelled.

There is one oddity with Groups.

Any groups that were visible in the Profile will remain listed there.  However, if you go to the Group Profile the cancelled account will no longer be listed as a member. 

There is to the best of my knowledge no Official Documentation on all of this.  It is simply something many of us have noticed through the years.

ETA:  Again I have no documentation but my understanding is that this has something to do with the way inventory is associated with the Creator.  In the early days of SL they discovered an unintended consequence to "deleting" an account. It caused havoc with copies of the deleted account's creations that other people had.

Guku Aabye wrote:

I heard even after you Delete an alt its still in LL's data base. They even have banned accounts in there data base. Is this true?

I heard the accounts stay there forever

Did you read what Perrie wrote? We don't know. LL wont tell us. Does it mater? You don't own your account, LL does. If they want to waste HD space with old accounts that is their business. If you want to cancel your account, do so. If not, don't. The choice is yours, Alice. Red pill or blue?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Guku Aabye wrote:

I heard even after you Delete an alt its still in LL's data base. They even have banned accounts in there data base. Is this true?

I heard the accounts stay there forever

Did you read what Perrie wrote? We don't know. LL wont tell us. Does it mater? You don't own your account, LL does. If they want to waste HD space with old accounts that is their business. If you want to cancel your account, do so. If not, don't. The choice is yours, Alice. Red pill or blue?

And again to reiterate, everything I said really amounts to "hearsay."  I know of no Official statements regarding what I said.  Most of it is gleaned from the many times people have asked, "How do I know if someone cancelled their account or have been banned."

The only Official statement I know is in the Privacy Policy:

"We collect the following categories of information:

Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information. If you conduct transactions (for instance, on Second Life’s LindeX), we may collect and retain some or all of the information related to these transactions, including transaction amount(s), parties involved, time and manner of exchange, and other transaction circumstances."

My emphasis above.

My guess would be that they retain the information at a minimum for what ever the Statute of Limitation is for someone to file a legal claim.  (I have no idea how long that would be).

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i dont mean to sound like a donkey but, they come across as a one trick pony. Same question over and over, not bothering to read replies.

I saw that. 

I added the info for the benefit of anyone who might read this thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.