How to create a cool forum avatar \ badge

Suella Ember

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago I changed my badge and used a white background only to find out the horror of the Tokyo madness leftover. I envied Madelaine's solid white backgrounds since then as long as I remember! :matte-motes-big-grin: Then, after several -failed- attempts to make this work for me too, I remembered a post about the forum badges, this one! Pro tip 1, that was what I was looking for!

So, after 3 years..THANK YOU! (If you are not longer participating in SL related activities by any chance, it still counts.) :matte-motes-smile:

• 1 month later...

I can't seem to make this happen. :(

Pretty sure I followed Suella's original instructions to the letter -- most especially Pro Tip 1, since le voo (like an idiot) had originally selected one of the stock themes.  :/

Now, once I save, the preview shows the chosen background image, but the actual badge in the Forum is just blank.

Anyone?  :(

--le voo

EDIT: never mind. Le voo forgot to check sumpin before saving. *le eyeroll* 9_9

• 4 months later...

As a new person, I'm still totally confused by those instructions - I'm not seeing any way to upload an image, and I'm utterly lost! There's no 'browse' button that I can see. 

No doubt I'm doing something wrong, but I've no idea what it is! 

ZeddAlpha wrote:

As a new person, I'm still totally confused by those instructions - I'm not seeing any way to upload an image, and I'm utterly lost! There's no 'browse' button that I can see. 

No doubt I'm doing something wrong, but I've no idea what it is! 

I had the same problem, it took me loooong to figure out how to do it.

I made a thread about it back then, its here → How

And I have made a picture with step by step. I dont know if it explains okay, but its worth a try...

Lis / madam Martian

Making forum Badge.jpg

• 11 months later...

I have tried this on Internet Explorer and on Chrome, and I am not getting the "browse" button mentioned in step #7 that allows me to select my custom image.  Is the ability so set a custom social-connect image not available until a certain post-count is attained?

"(7) Upload your image and create your badge!

Once you have decided what style to use, click that style and now click the 'Browse' button to upload your own background image (don't click any of the themes if you want 'no pre-defined style' though, just click the 'Browse' button!). Now click the 'Browse' button again from the pop-up window (next to 'select a file'). Wait for the file to upload and then click 'Insert Image' leaving the image size as 'full size'. Your background image will now be uploaded for your badge  and shown in the preview on the right of the 'Socil Connect' tab. However, don't pay too much attention to this preview as the dimensions of you badge will look slightly different on the actual forums! Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the 'Social Connect' page and then go to one of your posts in the forums to see how your badge looks. If you are happy with the way it looks - wooo hoooo! Congratulations **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**s://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt="Smiley Happy" title="Smiley Happy" /> If you need to do some editing, go back to your image editing software, make the edits and then follow the process above again to upload your image and apply it to your badge."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.