How do I undo a BIG mistake :c ?

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I clicked attach to body part instead of add to worn and now my clothing is broken

it no longer follows my avatar so repositioning it wont work 

its just floating static

pretty sure the creator wont contact me back or send me a replacement 

i dont have teh lins to buy an entire new outfit 

it was no copy no modify which is why i dodnt have a back up 

soo how do i undo this because it sucks :c 

it was part of this outfit  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BB-Cheshire-Cat-Toddleedoo-only/5324566

more specifically this part 

:BB: Tutu underlayer ADD

which is the pink skirt part

http://i.imgur.com/i9T0Bss.png

is there an undo button or something :c ?

Well the FIRST thing you do is contact the creator and explain what happened.  Why assume they won't help you? That's very negative, and in my experience most creators are only too happy to help people fix their purchases, especially when you're new.  

Try being proactive and positive, and see how that works out for you. 

If (IF!) they refuse to help, then you might be able to get some help in the forums. 

What you have done most likely is that you have attached it to a wrong attachment location. There is nothing wrong with the skirt itself.

To correct things: first detach the skirt.

Then do this:

Attach to --> Stomach

if that does not bring it back to proper place then try this:

Attach to --> Pelvis

Either one of those should bring the skirt back to the original place - unless you have totally messed the location. Anyway, whatever you have done you can manually move it to the correct place. Be sure to attach it first to either Stomach or Pelvis, then move the skirt. No other attachment location will work right with skirts.

Good luck. :smileyhappy:

Splatulated wrote:

it no longer follows my avatar so repositioning it wont work 

its just floating static

Do you mean it's not attached at all? If you walk away, does it stay where it is or does it float along beside you? If you've dropped it somehow, you should take it back to inventory and wear/add it from there.

the creator of that specific part was online (apparently sister is seller and used creators part in outfit) an they helped me get it back into right spot 

and now i has them on friendlist and i might learn how to play with mesh if i can ever get a copy of photoshop

Get Gimp if you can't afford a subscription to Photoshop (Adobe now sells its products as a monthly subscription...)

I highly suggest you visit New Citizens Inc. in the near future, and / or Builder's Brewery or Caledon Oxebridge.

- These places offer classes in some basics.

Its looks, from your posts, like you are making a number of common 'new user mistakes' that people who are trying to 'explore beyond the basics' make. Ie: you're trying to go beyond just being a random person in a random 'best in box on my head' contest... and the classes offered at this places will go a LONG way towards pushing you past the 'bottlenecks' where SL doesn't behave the way people not already used to it would expect it to...

Probably the best bets are to go to New Citizens Inc and Caledon Oxebridge first. After you've done a few classes at them, Builder's Brewery is ideal for learning how to move into an advanced level of things.

Splatulated wrote:

and now i has them on friendlist and i might learn how to play with mesh if i can ever get a copy of photoshop

Uh, how about you learn how to put on clothes  before learning to build in mesh. Your problems and questions here in forum often border on the retarded, so maybe it's time for you to learn your way around SL before venturing off into highly geeky building stuff. For building in mesh you don't need photoshop, you need a modelling program. For that purpose Google Sketchup will do fine in the begining. It's free and it's fun (so I hear) and there are quite a lot of vid tuts on YT.

And the real cool boys and girls have replaced their uber expensive or uber illegal pirated copies of PS with the free and open source Gimp since long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.