Hoof Fingernails

CheyenneNeshoba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The hooves are 'resident made' addons. So you will have to go back to the maker and see what options are out there for it.

That said, I have had very bad luck with hooves in SL. They either look horrible, are no-mod, or have odd shape requirements.

My faun alt is currenlty using a set by Caverna Obscura (only sold on Marketplace, not in the store that I could find). These required me to give her a leg muscle of something like 60 I think... But they were mod, and once I found the right setting, they fit.

- But then they use one texture facing for the whole prop... so I can't mod the hooves without remaking the fur texture... /sigh.

But you might have better luck.

My faun is custom by me, using parts from my DSD deer avatar among other found items. DSD doesnt make anything that would work in this case. I have seen dark colored nails used, but I wanted to take it a step further. My 3d skills are slowing developing, so making them myself is a possibility. I was just wondering if anyone had done something similar. 

The DSD legs worked suprising well with little adjustment needed. I already had thicker legs too. It turned out really well, better than could have hoped for. Honestly I think it looks better than many other faun avs on the market (just my opion)

I had a similar experience with Neko parts. Buying a Cat Furry and using its ears gave me much better than any Neko maker's ears, and then I used the "Jerboa Tail" for a tail better than any Neko maker's tail (by leaps and bounds, and my faun uses the same tail, with different settings, for a short deer-like tail).

I'll have to look at DSD's deer avatar. My faun has their older Ram avatar - which I used on that account before I decided to go faun with her.

DSD does have some mod kits for some of their avatars - so if you suggest the idea, they might do it, or know someone who can you could talk to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.