Hi Ladies Who Love Heels - I Need Some Tips Please :)

TKAELA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I absolutely love wearing heels in rl and would love to wear them more often on here. However, I find that wearing them in SL is such a daunting task.  Using the huds for color match and toe nail polish is the easiest part.  For me sizing and lining them up to the ankle is where Im running into a little difficulty. 

Please share some tips here on the correct fitting of heels.  I do use the Alpha Layers that come with the package... are there any other ones that would make fitting appear better (esp around the ankles). 

All suggestions are welcome and Thanks In Advance :matte-motes-wink:

Try re-sizing them slightly using either builtn resizer menus or using "stretch" to edit them. Use the edit "move" command to align them as well as you can to the bottoms of your legs. Take a look at them when you're standing up with your AO off to make sure they're positioned neither too high nor too low. You may never get them perfect - that's why most of them have an ankle strap to hide that joint. All the alpha" does is hide your foot - it's like wearing a sock of invisibility.

You might want to try a store called J's that has shoes that hve built in toes but use the foot and an\kle from your shape and skin. They won't look perfect either but I prefer them to the "built in foot" ones. They also work better with my AO because it tends to make me roll my ankles over and shoes with built-in feet can't follow.

I have to agree with Orca, try some sculpty shoes that leave out the dreaded feet!  I find it too difficult  and to bothersome to have to work on matching the dreaded feet/ankle to my exact skin shades, especially when I change to several different skins not to mention, I hate using resizer scripts that don't allow accurate resizing anyway. 

Find you a good pair of sculpty shoes with or, without toes that you can manually resize.   Those without toes, shop for manicure sets if you wish painted toenails and finger names....these are normal glove and sock clothing layers.   Another advantage to it all, is you will reduce lag if you can do without all the resize and skin/manicure matching scrips.

I would recommend SLink because with some of her more current releases, there is a skin blender tattoo that helps greatly with the look of the fit.  Unfortunately, unless you work with a shoe that does not have a prim foot, you often have to just get it fit as well as you can, then deal with the little seam line.  But if it's a huge deal, ask the creator if there is any way they can help you size your shoe. Most of them are willing to help you out.

It's all a matter of personal taste. I find that I can get most shoes to fit well enough that I'm happy, though they're almost always a bit too large. I can deal with it, though. I dislike most "normal heels" because I dislike the look of the avatar feet and ankles, and prefer to cover them with something that looks...better. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Sculpted prim shoes without feet show the (in my opinion) unattractive default avatar feet, but you don't have to worry about color matching or high script count, and it can be (not always) a bit easier to get the size right. Shoes with sculped feet cover the default feet, but skin-matching can be difficult and is rarely if ever exact, especially from screen to screen, have a higher script count, and can be harder to size to fit correctly (especially as many are no-mod). Go with what you like. Keep in mind that it doesn't have be perfect, and in fact, probably won't - whether you're talking size, color, or pretty much anything else.

Ty both for the wonderful replies.  As stated about "normal shoes", I didnt see much of a variety. I am picky when it comes down to style.  Therefore, Im going to work with the ones that do come with the feet.  You are absolutely right about trying to get it "perfect".  Im a perfectionist and sometimes go overboard in this area...wanting it to be just right...just perfect.  Ill do my best until I get them decently attached. 

Much Appreciated ~  :matte-motes-inlove:

i

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

You might want to try a store called J's that has shoes that hve built in toes but use the foot and an\kle from your shape and skin. They won't look perfect either but I prefer them to the "built in foot" ones. They also work better with my AO because it tends to make me roll my ankles over and shoes with built-in feet can't follow.

You can get a product called a 'boot fixer'.  It was made so that the foot and shaft of a 2 part boot always stay aligned no matter how you move.  They also will prevent the ankle roll so your prim foot shoes so they always follow your legs and don't look like prosthetic feet.

I hate cankles because they make you look like your deformed.  So, unless i'm wearing boots or pants or a long skirt that covers the ankles,   I always wear prim feet, even when i go barefoot. 

Alicia Chenaux wrote:

I would recommend SLink because with some of her more current releases, there is a skin blender tattoo that helps greatly with the look of the fit.

Now as you mentioned SLink and the skin blender tattoo I can heartily recommend to try that. I recently got SLink's rigged bare mesh feet and the colour matching with avatar's skin is really superb.

If they use that same skin blender tattoo on the shoes + feet the result is great. Even greater still if the shoes + feet is made of rigged mesh. Then they move and act just like the avatar's own feet do. That's how the rigged mesh bare feet work. Rigged mesh is just superb, not possible with sculpties.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.