Help!!!!

kimba0913

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Adding to Perrie's reply: 

Did you buy something from the SL Marketplace or inworld and wonder why you received a box? As in, "I bought a necklace but all I got was a picture of a necklace on a box?"

Don't worry! This is normal. Second Life items are typically sold in simple containers that require you to "open" them to get the contents. For example, if you purchase clothing that comes in a box, you must extract the clothing objects from the box container, then transfer them to your inventory so you can wear them. 

Don't wear the box. Remember, you have to open the box and use its contents. If you accidentally wear the box and it's attached to your avatar, simply right-click the box and choose Detach

Here's all you need to know about opening boxes and using the items contained in them. :)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

Another possibility is that boxed items were supplied in a HUD (heads-up display). I've noticed some stores are supplying items this way, rather than as boxes which need to be rezzed. Some unpack automatically, others need to be clicked - especially those which contain a number of options (sizes of mesh, hair colours etc.) and you might only want a single one of the options. 

The previous posters' advice stands... right-click the object or find it in inventory and choose 'detach' to remove it. 

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.